Bowers & Wilkins Releases 801& 804 D4 Signature Speakers Demo Audible Improvements!

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I bet most people think their speakers are the best speakers they've ever heard - that's why they keep them. :D
I would alter that and say the best they have heard at, 'that price point'. For me I have heard plenty of speakers that I felt to be better than mine (Revel Studio 2's) but never felt the urge to drop that much coin

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I would alter that and say the best they have heard at, 'that price point'. For me I have heard plenty of speakers that I felt to be better than mine (Revel Studio 2's) but never felt the urge to drop that much coin
Agreed. I have the best speakers... that I can afford. I truly think they are excellent and if it turns out I cannot afford going up the ladder, they will serve me quite well. That being said, I have heard speakers (the B&W D range, for one) that are simply better but cost prohibitive for now.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well everyone has a different opinion. Others may or may not feel the same as you. That’s cool.

But I don’t feel that way. :D

I’ve owned Salon2, 802D2, KEF Reference, Linkwitz Orion, Phil3, and heard so many others.

I was just guessing how other people might feel based on how I feel.

But this isn’t the thread for best speakers. This is about the new B&W Diamond. :D

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I would buy a pair if my student loan was by paid for by you guys.
Man, if you’re gonna dream, then might as well dream big about winning the lotto or some rich person giving you $20 million. :D

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Love that B&W blue but i didn’t win Powerball last night. Still dreaming.

F

fallawayj

Audiophyte
I'm with the "I could give a rat's patoot" about 50 grand speakers they are not relevant to me.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I looked at the first picture again and am wondering if that is a wood veneer on the speakers or abstract art poster.
I have not seen such a wood veneer before. Interesting.

Meticulous G

Meticulous G

Audioholic Intern
I'm not super formally educated sound engineer guy, but I've been obsessed with all things a/v since I was 14 - 15 (which was over 30 years ago) aand I was even fortunate enough to have put together, not quite the dream setup, that I figured wouldn't happen 'til at least my 40's (full mcintosh front end at the time) but one that didn't include major compromise...at only 23

This was after spending some time being introduced to true high end audio by a guy who hand made his own equipment (speakers for sure, don't remember about amps/preamps) & who refined my already naturally good ear a bit more

Anyway, something that jumped out at me about this listening room for the signatures, was that it had multiple non functioning subs sitting around

I'm aware of room treatment & such...but wouldn't that've altered the experience to/in some (possibly) indeterminate degree/manner?

I don't mean any disrespect, but that comes off a l'il sloppy to me

S

surajg

Audiophyte
I looked at the first picture again and am wondering if that is a wood veneer on the speakers or abstract art poster.
I have not seen such a wood veneer before. Interesting.
It's fascinating how the aesthetics of the speakers can prompt such curiosity! Upon closer inspection, the texture does indeed resemble wood veneer, lending an organic and perhaps vintage feel to the design. It's quite common for speaker manufacturers to explore unconventional materials or finishes to enhance both the visual appeal and acoustics of their products. Whether it's a wood veneer or an abstract art poster, the uniqueness of the design adds an extra layer of intrigue to the listening experience.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis