Bowers & Wilkins Announces New Research Facility

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
We are talking about Bowers and Wilkins correct? Based on the tone of some of the responses in here I thought I had stumbled across a Bose thread!
If Bose had a "Research Facility" they would have responded in the exact same way as B&W: "Oh hells, we can't tell you how big our anechoic chamber is, you kidding me? It's top secret! What if people found out that our anechoic chamber was too small to be any good? The nerve!" o_Oo_Oo_O

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
If Bose had a "Research Facility" they would have responded in the exact same way as B&W: "Oh hells, we can't tell you how big our anechoic chamber is, you kidding me? It's top secret! What if people found out that our anechoic chamber was too small to be any good? The nerve!" o_Oo_Oo_O
What do you mean!? An anechoic chamber still has standing waves that need to be adjusted for?!

E

<eargiant

Senior Audioholic
How anyone can mock what they do at SRE is beyond me.

The 800 D2 & D3 series are in a select category, among the best I have ever heard and absolutely the best I have ever owned. The more top rated speakers I audition at shops or buy to try in my home, the more I appreciate just how good the D2 & D3 really are.

Last edited:
Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

Audioholic
The flagship 800D3 was reviewed last year in an AV hub publication, and test results were recently published.
800d3-1.JPG

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
This is old news, but I just read a little about what EVA Automation made some time after buying out B&W:

“While it develops a new approach to wireless, the “DNA” of Bowers & Wilkins, will not change, Atkins promised. “The only way to command higher price points is with performance and legitimacy,” he said. Bowers & Wilkins “is close to the only brand in the business that brings inflation to this business,” and speaker suppliers “need inflation to survive,” he added. The new $30,000/pair Diamond-series 800 D3, for example, replaces a D2 model that was $24,000/pair.”

Anyone’s guess since it’s a secret, but since EVA Automation is into wireless technology, maybe the new research is into active speakers with built in Room Correction, DSP, Bluetooth, and WiFi?

https://www.twice.com/product/bowers-wilkins-pivots-after-being-purchased-eva-automation-62010

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis