Bowers and Wilkins 705 s2

T

tbwebdev34

Audioholic
This is the last piece of my home theater that hasn’t sold yet, hopefully find a new owner before my move July 18th.

I have owned these for about 14 months come July, they were used in a 7.2 set up originally as side surround speakers. Never used them for anything else hence why they are light use and perfect condition with nothing wrong or scratches or marks/ scrapes. These speakers are on the b&w 700 series speakers stands black to match the full setup, I have always had them on the stands. Right now Im looking for 1650$ for the whole ad, 705 s2 pair and 700 series stands pair, that is 1400-1500$ in savings before tax for a 9/10 perfect condition speakers and stands, as msrp is 2500 plus an additional 500 for stands. These come with the original box original packaging pap
erwork accessories and receipts so u can register warranty as I have never registered them or needed to as they were only used as side surrounds. I used a pair of svs soundpath ultra 50ft speaker cable with the Sban bananas they use on both ends for these speakers and I will sell them with the speakers for 80$ as I believe its 200$ for a 50ft pair. Im local to Austin so I prefer a face to face transaction in Austin or local surrounding areas so we can demo look at play with and then purchase. Im always open to answer questions or advice just hit me up on here or my email/phone 5129705183 Thanks again for reading and looking at my ad have a great day!!!

Apparently no matter what picture I use or take it’s too large so if your interested I can email pictures thank you!

T

tbwebdev34

Audioholic
Just sent the 10 images of the 705s2 700 series stands and svs soundpath ultra cables thanks again!

T

tbwebdev34

Audioholic
Just trying to have one last thing to move since im
Keeping only my front 3 and have sold pretty much everything else except these. I think the price is fair I guess people just don’t like the new b&w as much even those these have received rave reviews and so on, also seems mine are the lowest and best condition with everything.

Any advice I could get to get these sold would be great, as I’m moving July 18th and picking up a
Sub for my 3.0 system.

T

tbwebdev34

Audioholic
Im now selling them without the stands for 1500$ that’s 1000$ plus tax savings for 9/10 unregistered speakers

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
700 series was a well reviewed speaker so you should find a buyer, but you're up against a pretty stiff time line...may need to get more aggressive on price....fwiw from my experience, the 800 series is always a solid re-sale market, you take more of a price hit selling the 600 and 700 series.

T

tbwebdev34

Audioholic
1500 without stands is about as low as im
Going it’s 400$ cheaper than other listings at 1950-2000$

T

tbwebdev34

Audioholic
I mean why go lower if the other sellers are selling much higher with no boxes and worse condition lol

2channel lover

Ideally you don't want to go lower of course, but if JUL 18, truly means something...there's your answer. If you're okay with keeping them beyond Jul 18...hold firm maybe you'll get your price later on.

T

tbwebdev34

Audioholic
Well I’m not going lower lol I’m not a charity and ppl who lowball just need to make more money or look for a lesser brand that fits their budget. But yes like u said I’ll probably keep if they don’t sell by then

T

tbwebdev34

Audioholic
I won’t be using them since im doing in wall surrounds and Atmos don’t want any cables behind anything besides the front 3

2channel lover

I hear ya.

As a long time owner of a pair of 804s, about the D2 series, the pricing went up across the board to the degree that most B&W new offerings were simply priced more than they needed to be and I think that has hurt the re-sale market pricing...especially the 600 and 700 model lines.

T

tbwebdev34

Audioholic
True but I’ve sold everything else at my asking so
I see no issue with the 1650 or 1500 so idk what the issue is.....and the 705 s2 get rave reviews for 2 channel at 1500 it’s a steal fir unregistered 9/10 and boxes 1650 with stands

2channel lover

True but I’ve sold everything else at my asking so
I see no issue with the 1650 or 1500 so idk what the issue is.....and the 705 s2 get rave reviews for 2 channel at 1500 it’s a steal fir unregistered 9/10 and boxes 1650 with stands
Could simply be a timing issue then because generally speaking B&W used speakers typically will get interest at a steal of a price....maybe just not enough potential buyers have seen it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis