K

klipchzer12

Audioholic Intern
hey guys i know i already posted a threat about B.A, is just that my sister in law, can get any B.A for 50% off :D, the only problem is that there is no local dealer that has any to audition them. Also some of you stated that the older models were better, so if any of you can input on the newer models will appreciate it thanks.

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
No wonder the local A/V dealers are dropping like flies. Apparently they have become a showroom for people buying products somewhere else.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
I had never heard a Boston speaker that I didn't like, until the Horizon series. The degree to which those suck is simply astonishing (especially for the price!) Hard to believe it is even the same company. Pretty much any of their other models would be a good choice (probably their best ever were the calssic A-series from the early '80s. My A60s were oustanding until they died, after about 15 years of use.)

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
If you can get your hands on either the VR2s or VR3s for 50%, that would be a hell of a pair of speakers for the money. Even the VR-M 90s at 50% off would be a steal and be some great performers. The VR-M bookshelf speakers are also quite good when you consider the discount.

As Joe said, when it comes to the Horizon line, run away, run far, far away. I can't believe they released them, either, not even comparable to their CR line. I wonder if the D&M Holdings purchase of BA a couple of years ago had any influence on their release, but fortunately, it looks like with their VS Series line, they might be back to doing what they do best.

I've always found the VR tweeter they use to be very clear and accurate in it's performance. Even on their smaller little Micro and Bravo speakers that used the VR tweeter, blended well with a good subwoofer, these performed very well and were relatively affordable. As speakers are so subjective, YMMV, but if you have a chance to find some and give them a listen, I think you'll be pleased with any of the ones Joe or I've mentioned above... -TD

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
No wonder the local A/V dealers are dropping like flies. Apparently they have become a showroom for people buying products somewhere else.
I know, I'm sure everyone has a family member that can get them 50% discounts other than at local dealers... :rolleyes:

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
I agree with what the others have already said. BA speakers all the way up to right before the Horizon line are great.

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
I own the center vr920, vr3 mains and got the vr3s 50% off from my cousin and I love them, however I cant really comment on how they compare to other brands. good luck.

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Nice setup Moreira85...

I own the center vr920, vr3 mains and got the vr3s 50% off from my cousin and I love them, however I cant really comment on how they compare to other brands. good luck.
[off-topic]
Moreira85, I didn't realize how similar our setups are. I had the QS8s before switching out to the Boston Acoustic VRX surrounds (cost issues, I got the VRXs very cheap and knew the value of the QS8s) and then finally settling on the ERDs from Emotiva.

If I could snag a pair of QS8s for the same cost of the ERDs, I think I would stick with them. While I haven't messed w/the options on the ERDs and I am satisified w/their performance, I still feel the QS8s are the best surrounds I've used to date....
[/off-topic]

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
thanks, I love my set up and cant wait to get the new 67 inch sammy in a few weeks. I love my axioms.

BUMP.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis