Bose Killers for Every Budget – a Series

I

Irishman

Audioholic
Those French know how to design lovely speakers! :)

The problem is that it would have been a struggle for me to fit them within the budget of my project, at $2600. I would have had to pair them with a $700 AVR, which I was not keen to do.

I

Irishman

Audioholic
Too late to edit my prior post. I confused my configs, thinking I had considered the Focals for a different config than I did. Oops. ;-)

N

NU_DATA

Audiophyte
I don't know if this is the best thread for my question...but here I am. I'd like someone to help me retrofit the Bose 10.2 with drivers that would be the equivalent of a Hot Rod sleeper. I want destroy the "No High's, No Low's must be Bose" by retrofitting with superior drivers. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm hoping not be covered up by my Definitive Technology BP-7002's. I could easily make a selection from the Part's Express catalog...but shooting for something more high end. First thing that comes to mind is the Zu Audio Dirty Weekend driver.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I will for sure will take the Focal Dome over the weak Orb sats - the Domes
have a tweeter, and a much better bass response. > The Orb does not have
much bass to give. The –3dB point is at 195 Hz, and the –6dB point is at 164 Hz
FOCAL DOME 5.1 MINI SPEAKER SYSTEM at Music Direct

I got a old shelf system was $200 for 5ch and it sounds better then a 7k Bose system

Link didn’t work but are these like mirage???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I got a old shelf system was $200 for 5ch and it sounds better then a 7k Bose system

I'm gonna guess that link doesn't work because it's 6 years old, lol.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

No. They’re not.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis