Bose is so much better the Paradigm!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....UNITED PRESS-PULL WIRE....2005-April-13....MUSIC INDUSTRY.....

.....FRAMINGTON, MASS.....

.....THE BOSE FACTORY-THE MOUNTAIN DIVISION.....EARLY EYE WITNESS says he left right before equalizer number 829 was piggy-backed....

.....Early comments from Bose Personnel insist the American Public needs to embrace this proof that 828 Bose 901 EQ's loop-de-looped is fine.....

.....Live reporting is still being set up at time of this transmission.....

.....around a damned HUGE crater....

.....END.....

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....yeah, it's the Mulester7 Show....brought to you by Kellogg's......

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
And other people complained about using "I agree :eek:" to inflate post counts. This man is the new master of inflating the post count.

HookedOnSound

HookedOnSound

Full Audioholic
jaxvon said:
And other people complained about using "I agree :eek:" to inflate post counts. This man is the new master of inflating the post count.
I agree. :eek:

...Sorry just had to do it. :)

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....sorry, Guys, I never have known when to shut up....someone will try the notion of 2 eq's and report....I hope they won't report it's not as good as something else....just if it's very different and very good....take care....

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

Ok, I am sure I am not the first person to do this, but I felt compelled to do so after reading this thread. I never realized that they did not post specs with their speakers until a few months ago reading a BOSE bash thread. So I thought that I would take a minute and see how they would respond. Monday I sent and email to Bose that read like this

rgriffin25 said:
Hello,

Recently, I have been doing some research on speakers. I have become a bit curious after researching your speakers as to why a person cannot find any technical information. Nearly all of the other brands I have looked at include audible specifications. Such as the frequency range (ex. 20hz to 20khz). They also include the sensitivity level of a given speaker from a given distance. For example 91db @ 1 meter with 1 watt of power.

Is there a way you could send this information to me. Or perhaps a link to where I can find this on your website.

Thanks in advance,
Rob
This quote is word for word the response I received from them today.
BOSE said:
Dear Mr. Griffin-

Thank you for your interest in Bose Corporation.

We appreciate the difficulty that consumers face when choosing loudspeakers. Information provided by manufacturers can often be confusing, and it may suggest a basis for comparing speaker performance that is unrelated to the speakers' performance in your listening environment. Furthermore, a speaker's response in a lab (or even a calibrated living room) does not always suggest that you will achieve that response in your room.

There is a great deal of variety in response-measuring techniques. Most of these techniques neglect how a listening room and the speakers' placement in that room can affect the response. On top of that, there is no clear and easy methodology for comparing responses. Our feeling is that response curves are a poor customer tool for comparing two speakers. For this reason, Bose (R) elects not to publish curves.

Bose recognizes that listening to a speaker in an audio store can only approximate the performance that a customer might achieve at home. Only when a speaker is installed in a listening room can the customer learn what its actual performance is. That's why Bose designs speakers using a combination of laboratory measurements and real-world evaluation methods in homes that represent a broad range of sizes, shapes, and constructions. We want to ensure that our speakers sound good in the listening environment that really matters; yours.

Taking a car for a test-drive cannot tell you what it will be like to live with that car. Similarly, a brief audition of a speaker can only begin to tell you what you might experience in your home. The common thread is that you are the customer, and you are the one seeking an enjoyable experience. You can compare speaker specifications and read reviews, but this will not tell you what you will experience in your own home. You can ask your friends what they like, or read testimonials from Bose customers to learn about their experiences and this may suggest that your experience might be similar.

Ultimately, your ears are the only equipment that can adequately compare speakers for you. We can only do the best we know how, using proven research and decades of design experience. We are confident that our speakers' performance compares favorably with the many high-quality speaker products available today. Our customers have consistently expressed their satisfaction with, and enjoyment of, Bose speakers and systems over the years. We hope that you will have an opportunity to reach the same conclusion.

Please let us know if there is anything else you need.

Thank you for contacting Bose Corporation.
I do agree with a few of the statements listed above in BOLD lettering. I really feel like they did a good job of dodging the true question. Giving me a nice "caring" response that would make me want to run out and buy some of their speakers. Sorry BOSE, I realize your reputation is based on GREAT MARKETING, so I refused to be DUPED by a canned response to a question they refuse to answer.

Well that is my 2 cents.

HookedOnSound

HookedOnSound

Full Audioholic
rgriffin25,

the email reply your received looks like it was written by a legal dept.

Bose....Marketing Monster Machine for sure...

Oh no, I used the word Monster, I hope I don't get sued.... :eek:

Thanks for posting. Nice try but you really didn't think Bose would give any useful insight did you? ;)

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
One simple point. The 901s, say they have a frequency response of 50hz to 16khz (not sure how they could have more considering they only use 4 inch paper cone, stamped frame speakers).

Does it matter how many equalizers you have? One, two, a dozen? If they all boost the low end to 9db or 18db or 36db or whatever, well, I think math sums it up pretty well, a dozen times zero is still zero.

You could have one hundred equalizers set up and if the speaker only goes down to 50 hz it will still only go down to 50 hz. Very loudly, mind you, but these equalizers won't magically produce 30 or 40 hz deep bass from speakers that normally can't produce that.

901s are very good at producing midrange. A lot of music is in that area. Unfortunately, if you like deep bass, even with one hundred equalizers boosting these things, you aren't going any lower than what the physical limitations of 4 inch speakers are.

HookedOnSound

HookedOnSound

Full Audioholic
Shadow_Ferret said:
One simple point. The 901s, say they have a frequency response of 50hz to 16khz (not sure how they could have more considering they only use 4 inch paper cone, stamped frame speakers).

Does it matter how many equalizers you have? One, two, a dozen? If they all boost the low end to 9db or 18db or 36db or whatever, well, I think math sums it up pretty well, a dozen times zero is still zero.

You could have one hundred equalizers set up and if the speaker only goes down to 50 hz it will still only go down to 50 hz. Very loudly, mind you, but these equalizers won't magically produce 30 or 40 hz deep bass from speakers that normally can't produce that.

901s are very good at producing midrange. A lot of music is in that area. Unfortunately, if you like deep bass, even with one hundred equalizers boosting these things, you aren't going any lower than what the physical limitations of 4 inch speakers are.
You have a point. Especially if you are looking to reproduce an accurate sound. But then again this hobby is as subjective as ice cream flavors. I prefer mint chocolate chip myself!

I doubt we'll be able to convince everyone on this issue. Otherwise BOSE would be toast no matter what marketing!

Someday will convert those darn BOSE owners...someday! ;)

Seriously, I really believe in the power of the internet to bring everyone together as one big community where we can share our experiences to dispell the myths about Bose 'quality'. Hopefully by 'spreading the word' about better products other than Bose, maybe they'll (Bose) rethink their marketing strategy and put more emphasis on design and build quality than in advertising dollars.

Have a great day!

nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
okay....I'm officially tired of this thread it was funny for awhile..but now I'm quite bored of the insane ramblings of a fanatical bose fan. However the most disturbing fact is his handle which is phonically molester 7. Maybe I should create a second account with an offensive handle and see if I can start a flame war! I’ve seen this in the RF world…if you give them the slightest bit of attention you just encourage their poor behavior even more…….unless you encourage one word or two word post on this forum?

sts9fan

sts9fan

Banned
It was a joke

I agree I started this thread 13 days ago and it needs to die. I was a joke then and even more of a joke now that some chucklehead has started posting eight posts in a row with no responses.

LET IT DIE FOLKS ;)

D

Die Hard Yammy

Junior Audioholic
AHMEN TO THAT!

P.S. Bose Blows, especially 901's!

Sorry, couldn't help myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com