Bose Acoustimas 10 Series IV home theater speaker system

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Wouldn't be my choice of speaker set either, but from what I see an avr is suited to connect to this Bose set (don't believe that's true of all Bose systems, tho).

T

ThunderClap

Audioholic
I have Bose Companion computer speakers ....not bad , loud clear etc ...small sub too comes with it .... but I recently did a speaker test for HT ...and music .... 7-8 brands using a Yamaha avr - I can't listen to the computer speakers anymore.

The difference in musical quality of say a KEF speaker is MILES apart.

And I like Bose , I appreciate their American success story and their advertising is BRILLIANT Americana. Turn on the NFL - BOSE BOSE BOSE ...

And their headphones are great.

I do know that Bose system you have the SUB is enormous.

Good luck.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I do know that Bose system you have the SUB is enormous.
That is not a sub nor is it particularly large (16 x 8 x 25)....bass module maybe....large compared to teeny tiny satellites maybe :) It has two whole 5.25" drivers!

T

ThunderClap

Audioholic

That's enormous for Bose ... you need space for that.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I get when compromise is needed for a spouse. I can tell you from experience that while some may find the bose system plausible for music in a non critical way, using any variant of their offerings for dialog in a center channel is miserable.

T

ThunderClap

Audioholic
Bose is meant to be compact and loud systems , hence the Cube systems, small soundbars etc - the 10 has a big sub - for Bose.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis