Bob Carver Cherry 180 and Black Beauty Tube Amplifiers Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Bob Carver has just partnered up with home automation pioneer Bob Farinelli to form Bob Carver LLC this year. Apparently, both men got bored and, after having worked closely together for over 5 years at Sunfire, they came out of retirement to join forces and start this new business. They may have just redefined the term "ambitious", because their first two products are both beautiful and frighteningly expensive. Bob Carver describes the amplifiers as "stand[ing] with a small handful of the world’s great vacuum tube amplifiers." 'Nuff said, if you're a fan of Bob Carver and have the money. We were hoping the two would have a booth at CEDIA but they are walking around instead this year checking out the competition and serving as audiophile "booth babes" for their partners (hey, those were Farinelli's words, not mine! lol).

Discuss "Bob Carver Cherry 180 and Black Beauty Tube Amplifiers Preview" here. Read the article.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
But but but thats a tube amp :eek: I'm just gob smacked.... Now I have to go read the article. :p

(5 minutes later)

I read the article....don't know what tto think excpet that they are expensive and look really good visually. I gotta drag myself into an audio shop that sells vacumm tube amps just to hear them. I know tubes aren't as accurate as SS but the sound is something much different and who knows may be appealing.

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
That cherry one sure is a looker. At those prices, I'll just be window shopping. Well, monitor shopping.

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
I saw an ad on ebay a couple weeks ago, apparently Bob is selling them on Ebay. Its pretty intersting to read the extensive ad. If I was the kind of person with that sort of money to spend I would give them a try. He is cranking just over 300 wpc out of these beasts.... alas.. I am not.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis