lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I wouldn't assume something that old (it being from 87-88) may not have a bit of corrosion in the inputs either...might take an rca plug and just push it in and out and rotate it in a bunch of the fuzzy inputs....or use some contact cleaner.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I have moved the cables and the problem did switch to the other channel. I even tried several other rca cables to eliminate bad cables as the possible culprit. The BT is new. I was having the same issue with another BT, that's why I bought a new one. Only to be incredibly frustrated it happened again. I'm just taking a shot in the dark of it being a grounding issue with the BT. It just points that direction when it does just fine on an input (cd) which doesn't share a common with other inputs
If you had the same issue with a different BT receiver, it's not the BT receiver.

Connect the left channel's cable to the Left output on the BT receiver- if it works, move it to the Right channel. If it works, try this with the Right channel's cable- if it doesn't work on either cable but the BT receiver send signal out of both channels, it's not the BT receiver.

Plug the cables into the Technics amplifier and set it to that input- raise the volume control to about 9:00 and touch the tips of the RCA plugs- you should hear hum from each channel.

"Too weak"? If the level is similar to that of the other sources, there's no "too weak". Line level for sources is basically the same across the industry- if you can hear it, it's OK.

What cables are you using? Are the plugs extremely large and is it possible that they're crowding each other? If that's the case, especially if each channel works separately, it's possible that a connection failed. I have seen cables with the tip pushed in and some that lost the tip. Have you tried using the same cables with your CD player?

D

Dan W.

Audiophyte
If you had the same issue with a different BT receiver, it's not the BT receiver.

Connect the left channel's cable to the Left output on the BT receiver- if it works, move it to the Right channel. If it works, try this with the Right channel's cable- if it doesn't work on either cable but the BT receiver send signal out of both channels, it's not the BT receiver.

Plug the cables into the Technics amplifier and set it to that input- raise the volume control to about 9:00 and touch the tips of the RCA plugs- you should hear hum from each channel.

"Too weak"? If the level is similar to that of the other sources, there's no "too weak". Line level for sources is basically the same across the industry- if you can hear it, it's OK.

What cables are you using? Are the plugs extremely large and is it possible that they're crowding each other? If that's the case, especially if each channel works separately, it's possible that a connection failed. I have seen cables with the tip pushed in and some that lost the tip. Have you tried using the same cables with your CD player?
I've tried all that you've mentioned. And no, my rca plugs are not crowded. And the BT cables work fine with the cd player. It's a really weird issue. As I've stated it's working just fine plugged into the cd input & the cd player is working just fine plugged into the aux 1 input. I'm really thinking about just taking into a shop near me that services home amplifiers and let them do a deep clean & tune. I really like the amplifier. I've owned it over 20 years now and wouldn't mind at all to invest some money to prolong it's life and keep the performance peak

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis