Blue Jeans Strikes Back

tn001d

tn001d

Senior Audioholic
Anyone want to help support monster cable ?? Just kidding :D

J

jamie2112

Banned
Yes,great response.... Kurt Freakin Rocks Monster cable sucks.......Period.

L

Lonnie

Enthusiast
Bravo Kurt, Bravo!

I just wanted to offer you my most sincere wishes for continued success to you and your company. :)

Last edited:
stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Nefarious company, Bermuda: former land of pirates and smugglers, shady corporate owner, lone hero stands up to bad guys.....man this has Hollywood written all over it!!

Kurt's letter made me feel like it was the fourth of July, Rocky I, fireworks! Heeeehaaa!!! Go get'um!!!

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
Honestly, I'm not knowlegible enough in the legalities or intrincacies of that area to make an informed opinion about any of the claims made or the potential outcome of litigation. That said, Monster's claims sounds like bully tactics to me and Kurts response sounds awesome. I wish I understood more of what he said, but what I got, I liked.

Jack

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
All I can say is that is a very professionally written letter that is forceful yet tactful. I am not an attorney but I do have quite a bit of experience with the patent process (as an inventor and I would guess 'design' patents as opposed to utility patents as I am a software engineer) so I can mostly follow what Kurt is saying sans the legal jargon like collateral estopell (sp?) :).

That is how you do it - you lay out your case forcefully, with your supporting facts, without resorting to 'name calling' and you write with perfect spelling and grammar. The pen is mightier than the sword and that response proves the point way beyond the shadow of a doubt. I will guarantee you that the Monster attorneys will have hours of meetings trying to figure out just how to respond. If I understood it correctly they have no ground to stand on...

E

edmcanuck

Audioholic
A teensy bit repetitive in spots and considerably more sarcastic than I'd use up here, but the points are all valid enough. Patent law in the States has gotten absolutely stupid. "I thought about drawing a circle on my product once and you have a circle on yours so give me money... waaaaaaaaah!" It's good to see people standing up against such idiocy.

Dear Audioholics, lets report on this one regularly. It's very interesting. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Two weeks to respond to that, no way. Their lawyers won't do that on contingency, and they will have no time for anything else responding to that.

Kurt, that will tie them up in knots trying to respond to all your points. Even Monster will have to sell a lot of cable to pay that bill.

May be someone should tip off the IRS and have them dig around and see if there is a tax evasion case. Honestly what slime and scum.

Cheap junk made in China and sold for ridiculous prices and then avoid paying your fair share to the community at large. On top of that use despicable tactics to steal from ethical competitors, who try and give good jobs to Americans and pay their taxes.

Monster seem to have a full house of everything that's wrong with corporate America at present. May be they might yet become a cause celebre in the coming election campaign.

N

Nessy

Audiophyte
I don’t see how its monster’s responsibility to provide technical drawings, patent applications, photos and physical merchandise to BJC. I’m no lawyer, however, I interested in pursuing a career in IP law, so this question is more of an educational inquiry.

Towards the end of the letter BJC asks if “Monster Cable or any related entity has brought actions to enforce any of the patents and trademarks referenced in your letter or above” which leads me to believe BJC is planning to argue laches. How successful is this argument? Wouldn’t BJC have to prove Monster has deliberately waited? Also isn’t it BJC responsibility to check if Monster has enforced its patent?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
I don’t see how its monster’s responsibility to provide technical drawings, patent applications, photos and physical merchandise to BJC. I’m no lawyer, however, I interested in pursuing a career in IP law, so this question is more of an educational inquiry.
i never finished law school but try this for a layman's analogy ...

"you stole from me, prove to me you didn't steal from me."

burden of proof falls on the person who accuses ... if this basic rule of life has been fudged in some way, it is this reason that big companies can bully small companies by letting the little guy do all the work.

T

Trouble Maker

Audiophyte
First post here. Dugg it just a few minutes ago and it was at 38. Now it's at the top and up to 98 diggs!!!!

Good on ya Kurt. Fight the good fight. :D

bigbangtheory

Audioholic
Not long ago we reported that Monster Cable had issued a cease and desist letter to Blue Jeans Cable about their Tartan cables. Little did the lawyer drones over at Monster know that Kurt Denke, the president of Blue Jeans was, in a former life, a lawyer by trade. Oops! Someone pushed around the wrong "small" company! While we are no legal experts, we recognize humor when we see it. And this is funny. With Blue Jeans Cable's permission, we've included their full response to Monster's letter below. Kurt wants to keep this entire process completely open to the public and we're more than happy to oblige.

Discuss "Blue Jeans Strikes Back" here. Read the article.
I believe I speak for everyone when I say, Mr. Denke is the Obi Wan of the cableworld. If Monster strikes him down, then he will become more powerful than Monster can imagine...

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
Kurt, Thank you so much for providing the public the opportunity to see this through. It is and has been for many years large Cos., the likes of Monster, who have the good honest "little guys" from making it at all. While I do understand that business is business it should be conducted in a gentlemenly way (my opinion). Let us all know how things work out. Best of luck to you and your company. BTW I do love the speaker cable I got from you last year.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Exactly right. Think about it. Would you pay American Express if they knocked on your door and said pay me for your debt when you never had an American Express account?

i never finished law school but try this for a layman's analogy ...

"you stole from me, prove to me you didn't steal from me."

burden of proof falls on the person who accuses ... if this basic rule of life has been fudged in some way, it is this reason that big companies can bully small companies by letting the little guy do all the work.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis