BiWire Speaker Cable help needed

B

BFL

Audioholic
Essentially the only spec. that matters for speaker cable is the resistance per foot. The longer the cable, and the lower the impedance of the speaker, then the lower resistance per foot is required.

Wire Size​
2 ohm load​
4 ohm load​
6 ohm load​
8 ohm load​
22 AWG​
3 feet max​
6 feet max​
9 feet max​
12 feet max​
20 AWG​
5 feet max​
10 feet max​
15 feet max​
20 feet max​
18 AWG​
8 feet max​
16 feet max​
24 feet max​
32 feet max​
16 AWG​
12 feet max​
24 feet max​
36 feet max​
48 feet max​
14 AWG​
20 feet max​
40 feet max​
60 feet**​
80 feet**​
12 AWG​
30 feet max​
60 feet**​
90 feet**​
120 feet**​
10 AWG​
50 feet max​
100 feet**​
150 feet**​
200 feet**​

The above table tells you all you need to know about speaker cables.

Too high a capacitance is only occasionally an issue. This can reduce HF. The thing is though, this has only ever been observed in exotic high priced audiophool cables, where the designers have used exotic materials with the wrong dielectric constant. That will not be an issue for any of the cables we have recommended here.

I did look at information on the Shot Gun box. Nowhere is there any coherent explanation of its design or function. Everything written about it is all in Audiophool gobbledygook, otherwise known as codswallop.
Yeah.. Crazy that I couldn't find a Pic of someone opening it up and taking a Pic after all these years. Who knows, could be empty

B

BFL

Audioholic
Hard to tell by the Pic if there is a mini circuit board in there.. See something that looks green near center

B

BFL

Audioholic
Looking at the insides kinda leads me to think I may hear an improvement with the new wires..without the cut and splices

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
You did well.

This is what's inside!

What a fraud! Just one in two out, cheap automobile wiring crimp connectors, buckets of glue and a fancy box.

I have to say I'm encouraged by your response to therapy. Hang around my friend.
My.
Gawd.

The glue is there to hold it all together as there is no other strain relief... And to hide what they did/didn't do.

What is that thing that looks like a capacitor in the upper right?

This is just hilarious and a whole lot sad.

My apologies to the OP for the following comment as this is not directed at them:
I just am perpetually amazed at what people will buy under the guise of improved SQ! The gullibility factor is staggering when you consider how many people believe in this sh!t.

B

BFL

Audioholic
Then I still have to see which of the 2 cables ordered I will keep.. Will the wife like the white sleeve or the black.. She isn't into HT, just the looks of the room. That's why I had to go with the ML C10 instead of the XT C100 center.. The c100 won't fit the opening of the entertainment center. I haven't given up on that battle yet..

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
OK.. Once I get the new cables I and pull these off i may see how difficult it would be to open the box on mine.
If a splice is good, in theory, the electrical signal should have no problem. Wire nuts are standard fare in household wiring. True it may not be ideal, but they don't cause issues in the line as long as they are secure.

I'd be more curious if they are changing conductor size in that split. That would be far more egregious... not that anything involved in that product is otherwise NOT egregious. ;)

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hard to tell by the Pic if there is a mini circuit board in there.. See something that looks green near center
Trust me, there are no electronic components in there! It is just a con, which people unfortunately fall for, far too often.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

I think those "speaker wires" coming out, are actually cheap AC power cables, and that green thing is a piece of the grounding cable, not connected to anything. I don't think they are actually speaker cables at all!

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

What is that thing that looks like a capacitor in the upper right?

No, that is the outer insulation of that single wire into the box. They didn't bother to get rid of it, just moved it to the side.
That white stuff looks like hot melt glue.

B

BFL

Audioholic
Not that I would do it, but are they not liable for what they put in print to be accurate or be subject to lawsuit.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis