big fat mono speaker to enjoy deep relaxation

67-79

67-79

Audioholic Intern
You know this ??? stereo sound system are annoying and mono seem more enjoyable. Why,,, Because i noticed that people having a mono low power radio can listen their music all day with ease and people having powerful but noisy stereo barely use it because of headache . so i decided to buy new stuff and construct for myself a high quality mono speaker. I already bought a speaker pair but i will use only one driver. these are jbl pro gto 6'' x 9'' 639 3 ways speaker and i will buy a 10 to 15 inch or eighteen inchs subwoofer. The simple passive crossovers seem a little bit thin and simple on the jbl so im gonna power each different drivers with his own electronic crossover and dedicated amps. All these stuff that we need to buy are ridiculously powerful and high quality and low cost, ha ha. The drivers in the jbl 6'' x 9'' are all grouped together concentrically so they shoot coherently and evently over a large area and the room reflection are more pleasing so we can play louder without fatigue. Also having just one big sub few inchs away from other drivers don't provoke timing error from crossovers and permit to minimize dramatically room reflextion.

The sound system of today are very performing for few dollar but we don't need 2 speakers anymore to play loud. Just one good powerful, well made mono speaker in a room kill all or at least more, destructing wall reflection, especially medium high frequencies and also bass mode resonating room gains. The electronic crossover also permit 48 db per octave shaping so again big big gain in coherence off axis so LESS ear fatigue on the long run. Look almost all 5 channels sound system are at off position most of the time. Look the sale statistin, people are buying big sony boom box or house of marley speakers because all the sound is coming from good drivers installed near each other, creating a coherent stable sound stage.

The trick to have big power at a very low cost is to use a battery in the amplifier section along wall charging. The battery is excellent to stop all the atrocious distortion that happen in a power supply that have too much wirering and not enouph instant juice.

67-79

67-79

Audioholic Intern
The trick is to sell the greenest sound system possible to green battery people like elon musk, Greenpeace and all the million green people in California and europe and everywhere where apartments are small with high rate of electricity. These people wants green electricity from their solar panels and local windmills. so connect a battery feeded by GREEN electricity and charge your green sound system. We need clean air, so adopt energy stockage where a small amount of electricity charge a powerful adapted battery and the simple green battery is more powerful that almost all conventional power supply. The new crunch 12 volts car amplifiers are completely linear. I just checked their specs and they perfectly follow the impedance by no voltage drop from 2 ohms to 8 ohms.
At 8 ohms the power is 100 watts rms, at 4 ohms it is 200 watts and at 2 ohms it is 400 watts. almost all amplifiers on the market are not linear, the voltage drop between 2 ohms up to 8 ohms, provoking huge idiosyncracies on the crossovers, drivers, timing, wiring and feed back system. Please avoid passive crossovers that are costly, power rubbing, also they are impossible to push to 48 decibels per octave slope. Conventional outdated amplifiers with unstable power delivery plugged to stereo speakers with non-perfected crossovers cost more and perform way less, annoying your guess and ruining the economy with costs and pollution.

67-79

67-79

Audioholic Intern
look, im watching tv right now and YouTube and i noticed that chinese and india audiophile are starting to discuss and Cosider mono quality speakers. No european like dynaudio or focal or american like polk and kliphs is talking any new stuff in any way. They are the companies that trump should coax in making better electronic directly in u.s.a or canada. The chinese people tend to market old hifi american brand and sometime we hear conceive in u.s.a and assemble in china. The thruth is that they push more and more their technologies and market and real american are starting to collect their pension plant and let go the market to chinese, taiwan and india. They produce more and more their electronic chips but market them as conceive internationaly but the thruth is that they don't any help from costly contries anymore, so things become serious and the business in north america are more and more irrelevant. The research and devellopment jobs in north-america will become jobs in distribution of chinese product instead

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Battery of green
Power of the Earth my son
Till the end of song

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Monoaural sound can be good so long as you don't mind its lack of imaging. And to be fair, most stereo systems don't image right unless you are at a spot right between the speakers. Stereo imaging depends on the listener having an equal distance between them and the speakers.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I agree. Imaging is an important aspect of the "immersive" experience for me, but I also enjoy "mono" listening in areas of my house that are not part of my main rig. I have a B&O S6 (a wonderful bluetooth speaker, sadly discontinued) in my kitchen, set up on top of the upper cabinets, in a corner. The diffuse sound washing over the kitchen and dining areas is wonderful and I am never concerned about image placement - only tone.

67-79

67-79

Audioholic Intern
I decided to do that because the market is full of high quality parts and stuffs that is better and better, especially all that is digital is almost fully developed and now inexpensive. So from the music signal ( free on internet ) to the speaker driver, it cost very few money so why not spend just a little bit more on power and sophisticated sound processing . So i decided to tailor made my entire sound system on internet by looking at all the specs and price of everything. Than, when this stuff is leaned , you build something for few money that is better than almost any system of 10 or more year ago. The young are starting to build themselfs very small system that cost 40 $ and it sound good and also they are constructing and installing big system in their basement that play loud for 500$ and more.

So now i want to carefully listen and enjoy for myself full range music without any passive crossovers on just one canal. I predict that many audio companies will rush in the market of 2 , 3 , or 4 ways with ajustable electronic crossovers, and battery assisted power supplies. Also i heard that diy speakers builder are growing in popularity, so im jumping in it.

67-79

67-79

Audioholic Intern
But wait, i just looked at the jbl party box 300 and i think it is what i want. It is a powerful battery assisted amplification system where all the drivers are grouped close together and the bass go low so i might stop my project and buy this instead and it will be my first system in my house. Also there is probably many new system like this that might soon hit the market where the solar panels to charge this system might be included for an easy install.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis