P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
I'll try to find the article, but it points out the sole purpose of bias lighting, to reduce eye strain. 6500k at 250 lumens. That color temp and output also blends with a properly calibrated tv. If colored bias is used it degragates the image. Any wall painted with a color, be it blue red or so on, will cast a hue around the tv which is why a grey wall works (also think silver screen for a projector, ideally a pj screen is grey or 'silver')

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
My walls might be a beigish gray. Still doesn't bother me. I'm not much of a videophile either ;)

Calvert

Calvert

Audioholic
I'll try to find the article, but it points out the sole purpose of bias lighting, to reduce eye strain. 6500k at 250 lumens. That color temp and output also blends with a properly calibrated tv. If colored bias is used it degragates the image. Any wall painted with a color, be it blue red or so on, will cast a hue around the tv which is why a grey wall works (also think silver screen for a projector, ideally a pj screen is grey or 'silver')
Exactly.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
In my previous setup I painted the main wall a battleship gray and it worked well. Can't do that in the current place so I have matte dark blue curtains and it doesn't cast a hue when the room is darkened.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I use lightstrips from Philips Hue, kind of spendy but all my lights are Phillips Hue now except outdoors.

I actually change the colors behind the display depending on what I am watching and my mood.

I am not certain what it does for the actual movie experience but it add a lot of depth and texture to my fireplace which is where the display is mounted and looks awesome.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
White light illuminated blue and other colors will impact the appearance of colors on the screen. Do you use bias lighting with a colored wall?

Thanks
It will not impact the colors on the screen. All the bias light should do is to relieve eye strain from dark to bright and bright to dark. I usually leave it at white but I chnage it depending on the mood I'm in.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis