Best sounding n/c headphones

GuitarPicker

GuitarPicker

Junior Audioholic
I just purchased a set of QC35II and have a few days left if I want to return them. The sound is really good but seems to distort on rock music at high levels. I'm tempted to try the B&W PX7's or something that might have a better sound stage. Any recommendations?

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I would look for Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 or Sony WH-1000XM3.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I would look for Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 or Sony WH-1000XM3.
I agree with @tyhjaarpa The new Sonys are pretty special as far as NC goes (I've read they sound very nice but have only demo'd the NC). Personally, I have the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Pink Floyd edition and, though the NC is not as advanced as the Sony or Bose models (still pretty good though) they sound awesome!
1575982891740.png

BTW, MSRP is pretty high - I found mine on sale...

GuitarPicker

GuitarPicker

Junior Audioholic
I may try the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0. I've also looked at the Beyerdynamic Lagoon ANC. A lot of the reviews I've read is the sound is better than a lot of the competition. I own a couple Sennheiser microphones so I know they make a great product.

JTFVegas

JTFVegas

Audioholic
DALI IO 4 or IO 6. im leaning strongly on these myself. Also DROP + PANDA THX Certified BT headphones. Rave reviews.

GuitarPicker

GuitarPicker

Junior Audioholic
After trying Bose QC35II, Sony WH-1000MX3 and Bowers and Wilkins PX headphones I ended up buying Bang & Olufsen H9I. The sound quality is 100 times better, it's like hearing your favorite songs for the first time. Listening to Rolling Stones 'Beast of Burden" I can hear every note Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood are playing, it's incredible! The noise cancellation is really good. I used these while using a chain saw and they worked great. Very comfortable. They don't quite get as loud as the B&W PX but when wired to a device they are just as loud.I thought this may be a deal breaker but after listening to these for a couple days the volume is perfect and if you have that urge to rattle your ear drums you can always wire them to your device. I find myself listening my Beoplay H9I almost everyday!

GuitarPicker

GuitarPicker

Junior Audioholic
So u would say the h91 is better than the px7?
I only tested the B&W PX and not the newer PX7. AS far as the PX the H9I sounded far better and were a lot more comfortable.The PX will hurt your ears after about 30 minutes of listening and if you bend over to pick something up they will fall off your head. I really tried liking the PX as I own B&W speakers for my HT. Actually tried 2 different pair of the PX and noticed distortion when the volume was all the way up. Even talked to Ken at B&W and tried trouble shooting with no luck. The H9I are in a different class than Sony or Bose.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I agree with @tyhjaarpa The new Sonys are pretty special as far as NC goes (I've read they sound very nice but have only demo'd the NC). Personally, I have the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Pink Floyd edition and, though the NC is not as advanced as the Sony or Bose models (still pretty good though) they sound awesome!
View attachment 32702
BTW, MSRP is pretty high - I found mine on sale...
Momentum 2.0 are my go to set of Cans when I fly. Agree with the above comments. When I workout I use the Sony WF-1000XM3 EARBUDS (not the headphones) The noise cancelling by Sony is really next level.

afford-hifi

afford-hifi

Junior Audioholic
I have the Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones and I can say that they are outstanding headphones. Sony's NC is top notch in my opinion and though I feel the sound is a little more boomy, I find it to still be a good listening experience. Since I have purchased my WH-1000XM3 headphones about 6 months ago, I bring them back and forth from home to work every day. To be honest, I laugh when I am boarding a flight and I see all the people waiting that are wearing Bose. Just go to your local Best Buy and try a pair of Bose and then put on the Sony's and you will see why I chuckle.

James

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis