Best In-Wall and In-Ceiling Options?

G

Golfer474

Enthusiast
Looking for recommendations on best in-wall and in-ceiling speakers.

The house we bought came with SpeakerCraft AIM LCR3's for the mains and center channels, and SpeakerCraft AIM WIDE THREEs for the rear surrounds, so I'm hoping to find replacements that are close to the existing cutout size. I measured the existing cutouts and those dimensions are below.

I'll be powering the speakers with a Denon AVR X1600H, and they will be complimented with a HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP sub.

Budget is somewhat negotiable, but probably need to stay at or around $1500.

I unfortunately don't have the space to put floor standing speakers, otherwise I'd go down that route.

Existing Cutout Sizes:
Mains and Center
14 1/2" H x 7 3/4" W

Rear Surrounds
9 3/4" diameter
I have about 7 1/2" of mounting depth to work with on these.

J

Jerkface

Audioholic
Going to be tough sledding replacing all five speakers for $1500 and get any kind of appreciable quality improvement. Maybe consider upgrading the mains and then work your way through the rest as you have the budget?

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I agree, that's a tight budget for a noticeable upgrade. Even the AIM LCR5 is $800 per speaker. I would also suggest replacing the front three where it counts and later consider the rears.

In that price range, the KEF Ci400QL received a good review on Audioholics. You could get five Revel W253L or go with three of the Revel W553L. Also consider Monitor Audio in that price range. For a bigger step up, look at RBH. The RBH SI-760 retails around $900 but I've seen them on-line for $770. RBH is very well regarded for home theatre speakers.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis