Best Female Vocalist Alive Today

DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
Think she ended up getting married to some politician and falling off the musical planet for a while ??

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
She never married and never had kids. I read her autobiography. Great read too.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Think she ended up getting married to some politician and falling off the musical planet for a while ??
The politician was Governor of California Jerry Brown, who is governor again, and they never married.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The politician was Governor of California Jerry Brown, who is governor again, and they never married.
I remember that, of course I was just a wee lad but that woman opened my eyes by stating that she would not marry Jerry because she was not monogamous and he was. That's how I remember it anyway.

Dmantis10

Dmantis10

Audioholic
I have like three of her CDs very soothing and Scottish.. The book of secrets and Ancient Muse cant remember the 3rd one I got of her stuff .
I have them all. She is fantastic. I have also used her music for speaker demos which most of the time you get lost in the music and forget about the demo LOL.

DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
I have them all. She is fantastic. I have also used her music for speaker demos which most of the time you get lost in the music and forget about the demo LOL.
I use Imogen Heap to push the audio spectrum CRANK THE poop OUT OF THIS....

DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
I keep going back to Gin Wigmore.. First listen is Amy Winehouse clone 3rd listen Gin has a more southern flare . I like her ALOT

tmurnin

tmurnin

Full Audioholic
Huge Rachel Price/LSD fan. Love her range and what she puts into her music, and Alison Krauss is really special, but for me, I can't imagine hearing a more beautiful female voice than Emmylou Harris. I think one of the things that makes me love her so much is how many duets she's done with a huge range of artists, and she never dominates the song, but instead just makes the whole thing sound that much better. If you don't have the album "All the Roadrunning" with she and Mark Knopfler, I can't recommend it more strongly.

Last edited:
DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
Huge Rachel Price/LSD fan. Love her range and what she puts into her music, and Alison Krauss is really special, but for me, I can't imagine hearing a more beautiful female voice than Emmylou Harris. I think one of the things that makes me love her so much is how many duets she's done with a huge range of artists, and she never dominates the song, but instead just makes the whole thing sound that much better.
Best duet couple in my book

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis