Best Female Vocalist Alive Today

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
@DIY Junky: That's an awfully bold title you've chosen for this thread. I respect that.

In spots this chick has a timbre that reminds me of Adele, and Norah Jones in others. Do you know her in real life, or did you just come across this video and it struck a chord?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Nice! I love the sub-tones (that's not the proper term, but you will know what I mean) she picks up in her voice just after 50s! Also like the pace of the music/band as well - a wonderful song!
Do you know if it is available on iTunes (with better recording)?

I not disputing or challenging your post, but wanted to share this amazing girl!

There is a lot of talent out there and the internet along with the low cost of production allows people to "roll their own"!
This is a girl, Sydney Rhame, from the Atlanta area that is pretty much perfect by my ear!
I first heard her in Eddie's Attic in Atlanta when she was 16 (but apparently before she knew she would be on the Voice as it was not mentioned).
I cannot believe how she sings and plays with such maturity with her voice so exposed at her young age!
I hope the reason she is not a well known name is because her parents are making her finish school before she can pursue a music career.

Note: she has produced a lot of music and I had a hard time limiting it, but I will rank order the top 3:
1) Too Good at Goodbyes
2) Budapest
3) the linked Adele cover

She wrote and sings this song at 14 years old! (I'd put her at 26 from listening) - sorry the recording quality is not ideal:

This is her at 16 (in glasses) with her younger sister:

Another at 16 (for variety of style) (link to cover of Adele's Hello. skip to 45s if you want to avoid teenage angst/antics):
https://youtu.be/K-ZEh9x2Nq0

At 17 (forgive the recording, she saturates the mic a couple of times, otherwise it is good):

At 18 (the combination of the sad song and how well she "throws herself into the music" brings tears to my eyes!):

This is the song she auditioned on The Voice with (16):

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
This is hella ballsy thing to do!
The band isn't Queen, but Rachel Price can cover Freddy Mercury, no problem, and it is fun!

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Another Queen cover:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
Her voice is fantastic, but this is also a truly great song and is now in my collection!
I found a high quality recording:

I think this is better, recording not as good, but it is too nice to watch her caress the notes (aside from cameraman taking about a minute to work out the focus)!

Thanks!
https://www.amazon.com/s?url=search-alias=digital-music&field-keywords=lake+street+dive+musta+been+something&sprefix=lake+street+dive+must,digital-music,241&crid=19NJA8A22DVXX
No problem.. I have that new album On vinyl and have seen lake street dive live and have seen and heard Rachel price live twice and have a signed ticket and poster that I handed her the pen to sign them with. I posted Video so you could see how she works the sound out of her body.. A true talent today in a shake your booty world

DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
This is hella ballsy thing to do!
The band isn't Queen, but Rachel Price can cover Freddy Mercury, no problem, and it is fun!
They used to do a cover every Halloween as a fun thing to do together as a group they ment no disrespect. They did a song after the death of prince too..

DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
@DIY Junky: That's an awfully bold title you've chosen for this thread. I respect that.

In spots this chick has a timbre that reminds me of Adele, and Norah Jones in others. Do you know her in real life, or did you just come across this video and it struck a chord?
Seen her with lake street dive once and with a side project show she did at a small venue .. Great voice and great humble person to talk too

DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
Nice! I love the sub-tones (that's not the proper term, but you will know what I mean) she picks up in her voice just after 50s! Also like the pace of the music/band as well - a wonderful song!
Do you know if it is available on iTunes (with better recording)?

I not disputing or challenging your post, but wanted to share this amazing girl!

There is a lot of talent out there and the internet along with the low cost of production allows people to "roll their own"!
This is a girl, Sydney Rhame, from the Atlanta area that is pretty much perfect by my ear!
I first heard her in Eddie's Attic in Atlanta when she was 16 (but apparently before she knew she would be on the Voice as it was not mentioned).
I cannot believe how she sings and plays with such maturity with her voice so exposed at her young age!
I hope the reason she is not a well known name is because her parents are making her finish school before she can pursue a music career.

Note: she has produced a lot of music and I had a hard time limiting it, but I will rank order the top 3:
1) Too Good at Goodbyes
2) Budapest
3) the linked Adele cover

She wrote and sings this song at 14 years old! (I'd put her at 26 from listening) - sorry the recording quality is not ideal:

This is her at 16 (in glasses) with her younger sister:

Another at 16 (for variety of style) (link to cover of Adele's Hello. skip to 45s if you want to avoid teenage angst/antics):
https://youtu.be/K-ZEh9x2Nq0

At 17 (forgive the recording, she saturates the mic a couple of times, otherwise it is good):

At 18 (the combination of the sad song and how well she "throws herself into the music" brings tears to my eyes!):

This is the song she auditioned on The Voice with (16):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7Ykyk3o6Y Thanks for the videos .. Lota good female artist out there just gotta look and listen

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I'm gonna have a problem with this thread title as long as my other Love, Bernadette Peters continues to perform!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
I'm gonna have a problem with this thread title as long as my other Love, Bernadette Peters continues to perform!

Its all what pleases your ears … Rachel Price is it for me... in My book none better there are plenty others that are good out there.. But None more rounded and more pleasing to my ears

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Its all what pleases your ears … Rachel Price is it for me... in My book none better there are plenty others that are good out there.. But None more rounded and more pleasing to my ears
FWIW I saw her in Nashville two years ago. What's really amazing is the woman is pushing 70, and still sounds like that!

DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
FWIW I saw her in Nashville two years ago. What's really amazing is the woman is pushing 70, and still sounds like that!
I Had a wicked crush on her when I was younger.. that milky white skin and her curly hair.. And her Talking voice was enough to put me in a high speed wobble .. And she is funny .. great woman all around

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis