Best Buy Caught Tricking Customers Again, Now It’s HDTV Calibration

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Dude, I bad mouth eMachines non-stop. I have had way to many experiences with faulty eMachine product vs other vendors.
Amazing, considering that you vacuumed one of the heatsinks off. :p
Jinjuku,

Adam has let the secret of my success be known on the www. It's due for some Hoover action pretty soon and this time there will be pictures. :)

the "Ultra Boy" mentioned above is older than Nostradamus himself;
Ultra Boy seems a tad politically incorrect. How about Sub Human? :confused: :eek:
I'm pretty sure the Sub Human is 28 years old. :D

S

sokrman14

Audioholic
I am not giving this store an excuse, but dont condemn every best buy of this practice. Some managers are shadier than others, just like some salesman are too. I worked in a Best Buy and saw 3 different managers. They all handled that display differently and that last one made sure that the calibration was properly done and tuned to the right channel at all times, while some managers didnt even know what that display was for (not saying that this is right, because they should know the whole store), but not every bestbuy is a bad store with bad employees.

annunaki

annunaki

The more technical things get and the less plug and play they become, the better it is for the specialty retailer, assuming of course they change with the times, hire good people and market appropriately :)

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I really can't stand Best Buy... I know CC isn't all that much better, but I would much rather go into a CC store any day of the week than to go to BB.

J

jberc

Audiophyte
people at best buy actually talk to you

Every time I've been to Best Buy in the last two years (not many as I avoid them when I can) I can't get anyone to give me any useful information. Every question I've asked has resulted in the BB employee reading the box for the answer.

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
... How about Sub Human? :confused: :eek:
Why not??

Considering the way he loves/owns SW's (as if they were T-shirts), chances are he enjoys listening' em at "Sub Human" levels indeed :)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i'm not familiar with Ultra Boy or Sub Human ? should i know these guys?

Ultra Boy seems a tad politically incorrect. How about Sub Human? :confused: :eek:
we do have something in common!

but yeah, seriously, i make 7 an hour ... it's not funny :eek:

i gotta find some more "marks"

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
i'm not familiar with Ultra Boy or Sub Human ? should i know these guys?

we do have something in common!

but yeah, seriously, i make 7 an hour ... it's not funny :eek:

i gotta find some more "marks"
Maybe you should find work as a "sub"contractor or "sub" let some of those rooms in that beautiful house. :D

G

Gatsby191

Audioholic
Maybe you should find work as a "sub"contractor or "sub" let some of those rooms in that beautiful house. :D
Hee Hee, I get it. You used sub because of all the SVS subs. (think Beavis and Butthead:eek:)
Joe B.

A/VUSMCSGT

A/VUSMCSGT

Audioholic
Thanks for the post.

That's good to know. I don't think any of our norms around here would be con'd by any big box store's gimmicks, but it's a great read for anyone who's unknowledgeable about how this stuff really works.

Thanks!

L

lburguiere

Audiophyte
I work at Best Buy - Thats not how the demo works

I work at Best Buy and that demo is intended to show the difference between a out-of-the-box non-calibrated tv and an ISF-calibrated tv. As per planogram, the two tvs are supposed to be the same model. Both are supposed to be hooked up to the same same bluray player or directv hd box with the same type of HDMI wire. What was happening in that particular store was not the SOP for all Best Buy stores. Perhaps an employee was being dishonest with his clients - which is a shame. Because then it gives all the Audioholics guys fuel for a fire that I don't think should even exist. I would think that Audioholics would be thrilled that a large national retailer would be promoting the concept of ISF calibration!

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
I would think that Audioholics would be thrilled that a large national retailer would be promoting the concept of ISF calibration!
Why? I cant say that ive ever had any informed BB information, and never had a pleasant experience in their stores. Lack of proper training and poor hires is the typical motif. The Magnolia stores are no better and are sometimes one and the same. I suggest consumers be informed before they shop there(and the other big box stores) because misinformation and deception is rampant. Large national retailers tend to hurt the indusrty more than help it. As for ISF being a concept, its a standard and specialty retailers have been promting them for years;)

L

Loudz34

Enthusiast
I just hope they dont think they are going to get away with comming out plug in and then leave, I will make sure my pic is what it should be since i spent almost 7k there in less than 30mins. on a tv and reciever and misc cables.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis