Best affordable surge protector

clamatowas

clamatowas

Junior Audioholic
So between the H15 and the G5BLK is $50. Granted it's only a $150 base price so we are talking about 25% of the cost. Is it Is going for the 1500W rated of the G5BLK. Or the extra features of the H15, If so is it worth 25% more?

Some of the power ratings of these confuses me and I cannot 100% follow the technical lingo.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
So between the H15 and the G5BLK is $50. Granted it's only a $150 base price so we are talking about 25% of the cost. Is it Is going for the 1500W rated of the G5BLK. Or the extra features of the H15, If so is it worth 25% more?

Some of the power ratings of these confuses me and I cannot 100% follow the technical lingo.

Reading the published info on Schneider Electric website, the H15 is waranteed for 5 years while the info indicated for the G5BLK says that it would have a lifetime warranty. My suggestion would be to get the G5 if the voltage supplied to your home does not vary by more than ± 5%, otherwise the H15 would be the one to have because it would better protect your equipment.

You can also contact Schneider if you need clarification on features and their recommendation. Keep us informed on your decision and on Schneider's comments should you decide to email them.

Last edited:
clamatowas

clamatowas

Junior Audioholic
I have enough solar to not need to worry about power during the summer days, At night when I use my equipment power is more stable so I went with the G5BLK.

John Galt

John Galt

Junior Audioholic
Bump. Howdy folks been awhile. Are these good surge protectors for a small home theater setup 7.1 Receiver, 8 inch sub, TV, fire stick and Sony bluray player? Which budget one would you choose?
Tripp Lite 12 Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip, 2 USB Charging Ports, Tel/Modem/Coax Protection, 8ft Cord Right Angle Plug, Black, Lifetime Insurance & $150K Insurance (TLP128TTUSBB) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DFR56T2/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_D0g0CbFMYFP97
Or
Belkin 12-Outlet Power Strip Surge Protector w/ 8ft Cord – Ideal for Computers, Home Theatre, Appliances, Office Equipment and more (3,940 Joules) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000J2EN4S/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_F4g0CbZVZ5WAF
and
AmazonBasics 12-Outlet Surge Protector | 4,320 Joule, 10-Foot Cord https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GPRSP5R/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_X5g0CbH79G1DV
Thanks guys.
I’d stick with Tripp-Lite Isobar at a minimum. There are much higher end brands, but that’s what I use.

No more APC or generics for me. Too many problems over too many years.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I’d stick with Tripp-Lite Isobar at a minimum. There are much higher end brands, but that’s what I use.

No more APC or generics for me. Too many problems over too many years.
Thanks I ended up getting the Tripp and Cyber Power(got it cheap).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis