best $500-$700 floor speakers

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Put these on you audition list

Image T6 Tower - PSB Speakers You should be able to get them for around $700.. measured very well in HT Magazine and have garnered lots of reviews. I heard the personally and like them better than my older Image T45s which was also a great speaker in its day.

B

bigtim2000

Audiophyte
I have heard the TSi500's at Abt electronics through $5K worth of equipment. They sounded pretty good, but I did not get to listen to the Focals in the same room because their crestron control system barfed. I listened to the Polks at best buy as well and was not that impressed, but it was a bad system. The Klipsch's sounded better and the Pioneer towers looked and sounded tiny. The magnolia setup was better but out of my price range. They do have the MartinLogan Motion series which newegg has for the 12's for 550 and the 10's for 340. The Def Tech StudioMonitor 350 bookshelves rocked on the Pioneer Elite receiver. I could listen to the Infinity's at Fry's but I just do not like their looks. All this brings me back to the Emp e55ti's and the e5ti's. Looks and performance it sounds like.

A

AHNube

Audiophyte
My buddy just got the Infinity Primus P362 from Crutchfield, authorized, for $400. I suspect they would be very hard to beat at that price point. I have the Primus P162 bookshelf speakers and I think are very good for what I paid for them, $160 for the pair.

browninggold

browninggold

Junior Audioholic
For about 900.00 each you can get B stock Klipsch RF7IIs which I use for music and HT and to my ears sound excellent

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
Just a plug for my Swans Diva 4.2 F.....I have them listed in the classified area....they are fantastic speakers for the money. Make me an offer. They are in perfect condition, not a scratch on them and I have the original boxes to ship them in. Both them new for about $750 2 years ago.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
My buddy just got the Infinity Primus P362 from Crutchfield, authorized, for $400. I suspect they would be very hard to beat at that price point. I have the Primus P162 bookshelf speakers and I think are very good for what I paid for them, $160 for the pair.
I think the P362 are gold standard for under $500/pr new, and the P162 are gold standard for under $200/pr new.

Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
I think the P362 are gold standard for under $500/pr new, and the P162 are gold standard for under $200/pr new.
The P362s are once the EMPs go back to regular price :D

To answer some overlooked questions, don't compare the E55ti to the Polk Monitor 70. The only thing that is close is the physical size. Otherwise you are talking Accord to Audi. Is there anything wrong with the Accord? No. Is the Audi all around a better/nicer car? Yup.

I haven't even calibrated my setup and my room conditions/spacing is WAY less than optimal, but many the speakers just kick a$$.

Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
That is why I said "New", not B-stock.:D

Those EMP are B-stock minor "blemishes", right?
Yea they are. The blemishes are hardly worth talking about. Ask nioveratus and granteedev, the hazing below the surface can barely be seen.

B

bigtim2000

Audiophyte
The P362s are once the EMPs go back to regular price :D

To answer some overlooked questions, don't compare the E55ti to the Polk Monitor 70. The only thing that is close is the physical size. Otherwise you are talking Accord to Audi. Is there anything wrong with the Accord? No. Is the Audi all around a better/nicer car? Yup.
I like that analogy Crackerballer! I just need to get a sub. Don't know when I will get it but I will need one. I order the e55ti's and will get them on Friday.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Yea they are. The blemishes are hardly worth talking about. Ask nioveratus and granteedev, the hazing below the surface can barely be seen.
I never ordered this batch of blemishes. I did order b-stock/scratch center and 4 surrounds and dents a long time ago and wasn't sure what the issue was when I inspected them, but it saved me money so i'm not complaining.

Ironically enough, one of my Red Burl towers, which were not b-stock at all, ended up accidentally tipping over once while I was pushing the couch and slightly scratching the finish :eek:

So I toe them in :D

B

bigtim2000

Audiophyte
Been following that thread and the discount thread on avsforum.

I received mine last night and I love the towers. They are huge and shiny.

Love the music, but have not listen to them a ton. Much better than my castle kendal's ( two-way with a single 4" woofer, but a great yew cabinet ).

S

slammin86

Audiophyte
How the e55ti's compare to your Polk 70's? I looking at both and can only get one or the other.

Thanks in advance
I just bought these as an upgrade to my m70 setup. I posted a short review on avs forum with lots of pictures comparing the 2. To make this a short post these beat out the m70's hands down.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis