best 40"+ tv to use as a PC screan for gamming

T

the caveman

Audioholic Intern
hey guys am just about to purchase a new tv and as im a little bit of a PC gamer i was wondering if i could use my tv as a screen for my PC.
i know that i wouldn't get the same pic quality as a monitor but i dont want to have to buy and find space for 2 screens when i could get away with one
so my question is what would be the best tv for the job
thanks jesse

Shock

Shock

Audioholic General
I sometimes use my tv as my monitor, however I find it just too big to play certain games effectively such as FPS' and anything that has a lot of text like RTS'. Honestly, playing on a monitor is much more enjoyable.

T

the caveman

Audioholic Intern
Ok well gives me something to think about, but if you had to pick a brand, model or type (led, lcd, etc) what would it be.
ON a side note are there any sort of converter units for changing the picture output of a PC to match a HD TV?

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
Panasonic, Samsung, Toshiba, Sony. Vizio, maybe, if you're on a budget. Definetly go for 1080p. Plasma can provide the best image quality in my opinion but I wouldn't use one as a full time monitor. LCD may be your best choice in this situation.

There is no need for a converter. Does your video card have HDMI or DVI outputs? If so, you're set. You can set the video card to output 1920x1080 (1080p) and get a perfectly sharp image. I connect my PC to my plasma once in a while and the image is crystal clear. It has better image quality than my LCD PC monitor. It's just inconvenient because I sit too far away and my wireless mouse doesn't work reliably from the living room. :(

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis