Beginner looking to improve sound quality.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Au contraire. Time/intensity trading actually works. It does require speakers with a more consrained dispersion pattern, but it does work and produces a huge, stable sweet zone. That such speakers can mitigate a lively room is an added bonus.
So coaxial probably have widest dispersion besides a center channel . Are any coax more affordable then $350 each ?
sounds like you only need 2-3 of the hsu for a smaller room. unless you need 2-4 more as surrounds.
Definitely good value if the clarity is good .

Last edited:
J

JengaHit

Audioholic
in the world of 2 channel stereo extreme toe in makes sense for near field listening only. In no way can it preserve a well designed soundstage at preferred listening distances.
The CCB-8s were specifically designed with narrow dispersion and controlled directivity to exploit time-intensity trading via extreme toe-in, which is what conjures the super-wide sweet spot. Time-intensity trading doesn't work well with wide-dispersion speakers. My listening distance is ~10 ft and listeners seated 4-6 ft to the left or right of the MLP still hear solid and centered stereo imaging. I listen to lots of symphonic, choral, and opera, so am very picky about a proper sound stage. Even sitting in the recliner 7 ft to the left of the MLP, I can still hear recorded orchestral instrument positions and outlines of opera singers as they move about the sound stage. Of course, the sound stage and imaging are best in the MLP, but nothing to complain about sitting off to the side, within reason.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis