BBC Admits Liberal Bias

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
Yet another sweeping generalization...
Yes... I agree....

Ninja should have never made such a sweeping generalization about conservatives in his previous post.;)

Anyone with any political savvy would understand the GOP stands for much, much more than the 35% tax bracket, and I'm the sure Ninja already understands that all too well.

Last edited:
darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Not to mention...disagree with their flawed political positions on every issue...as they relate to economics, social issues, and foreign policy.
Well, if nothing else, you have to admire our work ethic. It takes true dedication to be wrong about EVERYTHING. :rolleyes:

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
Two thoughts:

one: political correctness has recently been defined as the leftist theory replicated in mass by the American media that is is physically possible to pick up a turd by the clean end

two: a study in the early 1990s of University of Texas faculty reported (among those responding, of course) that more than 90 tenured professors self-classified themselves as "liberal" while only one classified himself as "conservative"... does this say something very incriminating about the "diversity" of our higher education ?

just thoughts...

zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
actually I was referring to "disagree with pro-abortion liberals. Not to mention...disagree with their flawed political positions on every issue...as they relate to economics, social issues, and foreign policy."

Many people have opinions from both sides of the political spectrum. Most of us here @ Audioholics know your views buck, and I respect them, you can feel however you want, but believing that anyone with ANY views not extreme right, are 'flag burning lefty liberals' just isn't reality. Just because something isn't extreme right, doesn't make it necessarily left; sweaping everyone not extreme right wing into one big "liberal" category just illustrates a narrow minded are mentality that somehow has become incorporated into the reputation of the republican party, something I'm very disappointed in. I'm right wing on most all economic (welfare... :mad:) and military issues, but I'm moderate/left on many social issues. As a physician, I will never ever perform an abortion, but I don't want to ban a woman's decision on abortion. Does that make me have "flawed political positions on every issue...as they relate to economics, social issues, and foreign policy." My point is, one can't logically ignore the middle ground or disregard it as part of the left or right simply because it doesn't conform to every aspect of one extreme end of the political spectrum.

Here's hoping for a more middle ground future, that's probably nieve! :D

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
What gets me is his belief that liberals are wrong about EVERYTHING. The simple assumption that no one else could POSSIBLY have an opposing viewpoint and MAYBE be right is such blind arrogance that it's frightening.

Sounds an awful lot like the terrorists that conservatives would like us to believe we're fighting against.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Anyone with any political savvy would understand the GOP stands for much, much more than the 35% tax bracket, and I'm the sure Ninja already understands that all too well.
It just seems to me, that no matter how many Republicans we put in office, they never seem to reduce the tax burden. I bet Ross Perot would have had us locked into an infinite gain taxless utopia by now.

Still waiting on my 10% flat tax with no deductions. (want 6 kids? feed 'em your damn self)

Buckle-meister

What gets me is his belief that liberals are wrong about EVERYTHING.
I have to agree with Darien, Buckeye Nut. I too knew without looking who started this thread. :D

Like Zildjian, I have no problem whatsoever with your political leaning, but that you are unable to accept any political argument not your own is, er, one of the fundamental truths of this universe? :D

It's just one of the things that makes us liberals better than you. :D

Relax, man. Hug a tree. Tell a stranger you love them. :)

B

Buckeye_Nut

Like Zildjian, I have no problem whatsoever with your political leaning, but that you are unable to accept any political argument not your own is, er, one of the fundamental truths of this universe? :D

It's just one of the things that makes us liberals better than you. :D

Relax, man. Hug a tree. Tell a stranger you love them. :)
The only agenda for which liberals keep an "open mind" is liberal agenda.

How is that any different? ;)

Last edited:
Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Has Political Correctness in the media blinded us so much?
I guess I would expect replies to Buckeye's post, to show our collective sadness as to the lack of any unbiased news. Anywhere.:eek:
Instead, the content of his linked story was ignored; and ad hominem attacks were directed at Buckeye.
Regardless of left or right leanings, we are all being bull sh%##ed.

Buckle-meister

The only agenda for which liberals keep an "open mind" is liberal agenda. How is that any different?
Oh I agree. That's why I wouldn't in all honesty call myself liberal (or anything else). People single-mindedly liberal, conservative or anything else must by nature be blinkered and cannot therefore see that they limit themselves; all political parties have both good and not so good ideas.

D

Dolby CP-200

Banned
The BBC are low life British scum who force bribe you if necessary to pay for the sodden TV licence just so you cab watch there sodden crappy Doctor Who or that sodden depressing Eastenders where its enough to make you swing from the sodden chandelier within 5 minutes!

I told the TV licence guy when he came around early this year, that I don’t use the TV monitor other then for laserdisc and DVD I don’t watch British TV crap no more and I haven’t in the last 5 years of so, expect around my friends why they can’t live without watching sodden carp like soap shows!

The BBC, are vultures!:mad:

The TV licence guy, believe it not ripped up the TV licence form and walked away! Yeah piss off you BBC British wanker!:mad:

B

Buckeye_Nut

Ninja....

It's a commie-TV thaaaang. Over in GB, government flunkie-owned broadcasting is the way of the land:)

That's one of the primary contributing factors why GB remains in the broadcasting stone age, and why HDTV over the airwaves is beyond their reach. Their taxpayer funded broadcasting plays a significant role, and that's why GB is riding the "trailing edge" as it relates to the airwaives.

Last edited:
D

Dolby CP-200

Banned
Ninja....

It's a commie-TV thaaaang. Over in GB, government flunkie-owned broadcasting is the way of the land:)

That's one of the primary contributing factors why GB remains in the broadcasting stone age, and why HDTV over the airwaves is beyond their reach. Their taxpayer funded broadcasting plays a significant role, and that's why GB is riding the "trailing edge" as it relates to the airwaives.
And that’s precisely why I don’t watch British TV, hence I don’t have to pay for something I’m not watching DOWN WITH THE BBC!

Yeah I have a beef, with the BBC. I like the way that sounds.:D Yeah I have a beef, with the BBC.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis