BBC Admits Liberal Bias

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
I don't see why any of these companies admiting their bias is a big deal. Actions always speak louder than words and its easy to tell bias just by their news casting.

B

Buckeye_Nut

I don't see why any of these companies admiting their bias is a big deal. Actions always speak louder than words and its easy to tell bias just by their news casting.
It's a big deal because they have always 'falsly' claimed objectivity. Of course, the same goes for here in the US. It wouldn't be a big deal if they were honest and open about the leftist agenda they push. Because they do it while claiming to be 'non-partisan' and 'objective' makes it a big deal.

M

Mort Corey

Senior Audioholic
Yeh, nothing like the straight forward and unbiased "we report, you decide" guys ;)

Mort

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
It's a big deal because they have always 'falsly' claimed objectivity. Of course, the same goes for here in the US. It wouldn't be a big deal if they were honest and open about the leftist agenda they push. Because they do it while claiming to be 'non-partisan' and 'objective' makes it a big deal.
I understand your point but its generally transparent when companies, especially those involved with media distribution like this, are full of crap. Most of the people who can't tell the difference between biased and unbiased probably don't watch the type of programing on a regular basis anyways.

I'm curious can you name one truly non-partisan media outlet?

B

Buckeye_Nut

Yeh, nothing like the straight forward and unbiased "we report, you decide" guys ;)

Mort
Obviously, I love fox, but they do give liberals a voice on their show.

Of course leftists hate it, because they cant stand to see or hear any forum to be given to a conservative viewpoint. To liberals, freedom of speech only applies to themselves. Hence... they're pushing to bring back the fairness doctrine, etc, etc, etc.....

B

Buckeye_Nut

I'm curious can you name one truly non-partisan media outlet?
There is no such thing.

The most fair by a long-shot is Fox News because they give ample airtime to both left/right leaning pundits compared to other networks. Another big difference is Fox isnt deceptive in their methods like that can be said for the antique media.
......but Fox still leans right because several of the hosts/moderators themselves express right leaning views.

Another important factor is that Fox correctly labels the pundits as "conservative or liberal" for the viewer. The leftist antique media are notoriously deceptive by interviewing 'experts' from liberal organizations without labeling them as such.
Ya know...(For Example).....they'll interview the leader of a pro-abortion group about a current events abortion topic, without noting the liberal leaning of that person and their organization. The viewer is then left thinking that just witnessed an objective expert discussion on that issue, when all they heard was the viewpoint from out in left field. Not to mention..... network hosts do nothing but regurgitate D.N.C. talking points during their reporting of current events.......

....... all while wearing a deceptive cloak of objectivity:)

For those reasons, fox is much more fair, honest, and open in their reporting. It certainly leans to the right, but they're not deceptive in their methods. The same cannot be said for the practices of media elite. I can easily spot their bias & deception in virtually everything they do or say....... (and by what they neglect to report)

There is nothing wrong with a liberal media....... it's their constant deception that makes it a bad thing.

Last edited:
zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
Obviously, I love fox
LOL. When scrolling down through the posts, as soon as I read his question to you bnut, I thought hum... big mystery... FOX?
:D

I think extreme leftists are irrational, irresponsible idiots, and I think extreme right wingers are narrow minded, self righteous idiots. It'd be nice to have a truly moderate television news network. Any ideas??? Maybe if Giuliani gets in office... just thinking how Fox has grown in the Bush years.

Bnut, is Giuliani 'one of those' liberals?

quick hijacking (sorry) but relating story...
Friend of mine was in Iraq managing a construction crew, his team emptied out most of an abandoned building, spent all day doing it, at the end of the day, his crew set the building on fire (on purpose), for a controlled burn to quickly get rid of the building and remaining combustables of the site. It didn't take too long after the smoke was in the sky before a CNN van showed up and the CNN reporter was on camera with the building in the background reporting that it was a bombing by local militants. I wonder how much of what makes it to air is reality and what's BS.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
How funny. All I did was read the title of the thread, then I thought, "This MUST have been started by Buckeye Nut."

Ding, Ding, Ding.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
I think extreme leftists are irrational, irresponsible idiots, and I think extreme right wingers are narrow minded, self righteous idiots.
Hey Brad,

I must be in the middle somewhere (an independent?) because I think I'm an irrational, irresponsible, narrow minded, self-righteous idiot. :D

It's good to see they're letting you out of the grind once in a while to come over and visit.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
How funny. All I did was read the title of the thread, then I thought, "This MUST have been started by Buckeye Nut."

Ding, Ding, Ding.

Yea, just when you think everything is back to normal:eek:! You scroll on down to steam vent an "voila" ;).

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Obviously, I love fox, but they do give liberals a voice on their show.

Of course leftists hate it, because they cant stand to see or hear any forum to be given to a conservative viewpoint. To liberals, freedom of speech only applies to themselves. Hence... they're pushing to bring back the fairness doctrine, etc, etc, etc.....
If by 'voice' you mean "rudely interrupted by pundits like O'Reilly and Coulter" then yes. I'm totally with you that all news organizations are biased, but claiming that Fox is closer to neutral than any of the others is absurd.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Oh yeah, well if thats true, then why are Ferrari pre-owned F430s selling for $280,000+ used when MSRP starts at $180,000 new? Is demand so freaking huge people are flipping used cars for $100k profit?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Oh yeah, well if thats true, then why are Ferrari pre-owned F430s selling for $280,000+ used when MSRP starts at $180,000 new? Is demand so freaking huge people are flipping used cars for $100k profit?
Ummm, what?

zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
I'll tell you why, it's those damn liberals again! :D

T

tbewick

Senior Audioholic
'To liberals, freedom of speech only applies to themselves.'
- Buckeye_Nut

I think you're confusing 'liberal' with 'totalitarian'. For example, Margaret Thatcher was an economic liberal and a social conservative.

If you'd watched or listened to John Humphrys (presenter of the Today news programme on BBC Radio 4) or Jeremy Paxman (a presenter on the BBC programme Newsnight) interviewing politicians, then you'd recognise that they all get a grilling, regardless of their party affiliation.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

I think Buckeye is just suffering from "35% tax bracket induced stress disorder". To him everybody else is somewhere to the left of Lenin. ;)

B

Buckeye_Nut

Aaaaah yes....

So according to Ninja...... One surely must be in the 35% tax bracket if they are to disagree with pro-abortion liberals. Not to mention...disagree with their flawed political positions on every issue...as they relate to economics, social issues, and foreign policy.

A tax bracket is barely the tip of the iceberg.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis