Bass management for 8 passive subwoofers?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Are some of these subs built in to your main LR speakers? Also, could your equipment?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No, seperate passive subwoofers. Ino audio i64s with 8 Ino audio profundus Y.
Curious, not seeing much for Ino subs (altho seems more than Y, at least Y-2 and Y-4). Got any links to a manual/spec sheet?

M

Mattias

Audiophyte
Curious, not seeing much for Ino subs (altho seems more than Y, at least Y-2 and Y-4). Got any links to a manual/spec sheet?
The number is just how many subwoofers one have, so I have profundus Y-8 (for 8 subwoofers). He only sells them in pair and have always recommended at least 4 subwoofers (even so that he recommend 4 of the smaller X sub over 2 Y sub 10" vs 12").

The profundus Y subwoofer I have are 12", 177 liter subwoofers with a sensitivity at around 96dB and -3dB at 14Hz.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I wonder what suggestion there is for bass management/dsp for 8 subwoofers? Most I have seen (like minidsp 2x4HD) is for max 4 subwoofers.
Any suggestion?
Less for the number of woofers than for the number of channels. If the woofers are all in different locations, you'll need to have an amplifier channel for each and the ability to adjust each, separately. There's no way four channels from a MiniDSP will be able to get the distance/phase/etc correct for eight drivers that are in different positions.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The number is just how many subwoofers one have, so I have profundus Y-8 (for 8 subwoofers). He only sells them in pair and have always recommended at least 4 subwoofers (even so that he recommend 4 of the smaller X sub over 2 Y sub 10" vs 12").

The profundus Y subwoofer I have are 12", 177 liter subwoofers with a sensitivity at around 96dB and -3dB at 14Hz.
No link to their site?

M

Mattias

Audiophyte
No link to their site?
He (Ingvar Öhman) have no site, just a "manifest" paper with his thought about music reproduction and what models he make. It is his hobby garage company which he has alongside his work as acoustician (hifi, studio and home theaters).

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Ino audio i64s
Are these speakers then?

Do you have specs on speakers/subs? Measurements? More curious than anything, don't see much about this guy in any case, aside from some nutter site mentions (Audiogon, SBAF). What does he recommend for dsp?

M

Mattias

Audiophyte
Are these speakers then?

Do you have specs on speakers/subs? Measurements? More curious than anything, don't see much about this guy in any case, aside from some nutter site mentions (Audiogon, SBAF). What does he recommend for dsp?
I64s is speaker for above 80Hz (to use with subwoofers) so they are not fullrange.

Guru audio is consumer company that have speakers designed by Öhman (but he have nothing else to do with the company than that).

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I64s is speaker for above 80Hz (to use with subwoofers) so they are not fullrange.

Guru audio is consumer company that have speakers designed by Öhman (but he have nothing else to do with the company than that).
Ohman doesn't have any dsp recommendations for you? Haven't run across Guru before either....

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
He wants to move his house a bit. :D
Holy cow 8 subs ? I got one 15” In my bedroom I sure couldn’t have 7 more I’d go deaf. Heck I can’t even fit 2.
And my main set up is only two 10” subs .

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis