Basic Enclosure Volume Calculator

annunaki

annunaki

Hey everyone. Here is a volume calculator I came up with. I figured it would be a big help for some of the newbies. This site does not have one and all the others seem to.

It is in excel.

Simply enter in the dimensions (internal) that you wish and it calculates exterior dimensions for you. Enter in the vent size you wish and it auto calculates vent displacement and net internal volume. There is also an area to enter in the driver & bracing displacement.

For Sealed enclosures simply set all vent dimensions to 0.

The green cells are the ones in which you can enter info.

On the second tab one can enter in the list of cuts for their enclosure as well.

Let me know what you think. It is always a work in progress. ;)

Attachments

Last edited:
adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
That looks awesome... maybe somebody will host it for you for a direct download link.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks! Perhaps a sticky is in order.

How big is the file when you zip it? If under 100 KB, you could attach it that way. Just a thought.

annunaki

annunaki

Thanks! Perhaps a sticky is in order.

How big is the file when you zip it? If under 100 KB, you could attach it that way. Just a thought.

Good idea about the sticky.

Let me know if the attached zip file works.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The attached file works. Nice job with the spreadsheet!

I'd like to suggest that you put in a legend for the color-coding. It's pretty easy to figure out that only the green cells are inputs, but it might throw some people off at first that they can't select the other cells.

EDIT: Also, perhaps color-code the "Project Name" box green if you use the above approach.

annunaki

annunaki

The attached file works. Nice job with the spreadsheet!

I'd like to suggest that you put in a legend for the color-coding. It's pretty easy to figure out that only the green cells are inputs, but it might throw some people off at first that they can't select the other cells.

EDIT: Also, perhaps color-code the "Project Name" box green if you use the above approach.
Thanks for the suggestions. I have completed the edits for convenience.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
When I tried to open the file, I get a message saying the file is invalid or corrupted.:confused:

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
It opened with no issues for me?
Well, I saved it to my computer, then tried double-clicking, whhich is when I got the error message. When I right-click, to go "open with", I don't get any other options. Am I missing a program to open it with?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
You need to have a zip file converter or reader program.
I've saved the file to 3 different computers, each of which, I have used for other zip files. Now, I don't use many zip files, so I wonder if there is certain aspects of using these files that I don't understand.

annunaki

annunaki

I've saved the file to 3 different computers, each of which, I have used for other zip files. Now, I don't use many zip files, so I wonder if there is certain aspects of using these files that I don't understand.
PM me your email and I will send it to you uncompressed.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis