davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Green Acres was one of all-time favorite sit coms back when I was a youngster. Sam was indeed a man for all ages. :)

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I went into the theater having no idea what it was about.

I thought it was hilarious. Dumb as hell, but hilarious. Ryan stole the show.

I told my wife that it's the millennial white girl's Blazing Saddles.
I think your assessment is spot on!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

It's cheese pop, but there is some good bass in the music. But Gosling singing Matchbox 20 and the women singing Indigo Girls is hilarious!
The very deep bass was artificially added I suspect. The instruments would not normally keep shaking the floor and rattling your internal organs like that. I suppose you have to throw a bone to the sub crowd to justify their purchases. I doubt the pro subs of cinemas would reproduce it anyway.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
As if either of you even understand the meaning of woke.....except in the perverted republican interpretation.....just sad. I expect it of Mikado, not so much William....but wtf.
LuvNuts, you really need to get a life. LOL, but if I got you to raise an eyebrow and make a comment all is good !
Take your Barbie to bed tonight and give her a squeeze ;)

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

LuvNuts, you really need to get a life. LOL, but if I got you to raise an eyebrow and make a comment all is good !
Don't think he has a main squeeze, but could be wrong.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

As if either of you even understand the meaning of woke.....except in the perverted republican interpretation.....just sad. I expect it of Mikado, not so much William....but wtf.
Not sure I understand it either, but it seems like an addition to the insult vocabulary to me. I don't think I would appreciate the woke label anyhow.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not sure I understand it either, but it seems like an addition to the insult vocabulary to me. I don't think I would appreciate the woke label anyhow.
Most definitely the "right" is using it as an insult when it isn't one.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You mean if you are woke, you are part of the loony left?
I lean left more than right but wouldn't call it loony....the right is where the real loons reside in this country (and europe) at this time. Drumph's and the rest of loony maga crowd are way loonier than the "left" (which in the US isn't very "left"). I am an old white guy so woke really doesn't apply either way.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
I am an old white guy so woke really doesn't apply either way.
Just stayin' awake is better than being woke anyhow....and the older you get, the harder that gets.
By the same token, stayin' asleep lately seems to be the hardest thing I've ever done in my 67 years. :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just stayin' awake is better than being woke anyhow....and the older you get, the harder that gets.
By the same token, stayin' asleep lately seems to be the hardest thing I've ever done in my 67 years. :)
Actually I find it harder these days to sleep the older I get, especially the staying asleep part. I've always been somewhat a night owl and generally operated well on 5-6 hours of sleep in my working days..... and when the weather is constant rain/ice/snow around here the last few weeks, it gets weird.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL my life is more diverse than yours I think. Sorry, not into the sex doll thing....after the same gal for so long that's what you think of?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
You mean if you are woke, you are part of the loony left?
The other woke.
The kind where you don't face sentencing for storming the capitol building.
But not so woke that you use the word sheople.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The other woke.
The kind where you don't face sentencing for storming the capitol building.
But not so woke that you use the word sheople.
So you think the d-bags storming the capitol should be recused as drumphy is promising? Surprising from you.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Well, this train…
View attachment 65448
… has def gone off the tracks!

:p
hate that when that happens, time to call 'the hook' ! So in order to help Barbie and get back on the 'tracks' we'll leave 'woke' to Merriam Webster and move on .........

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
hate that when that happens, time to call 'the hook' ! So in order to help Barbie and get back on the 'tracks' we'll leave 'woke' to Merriam Webster and move on .........

English language is getting so dam complicated. I think I'll hide behind measurements and numbers.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord

An interesting side article to share... seems to hit all the key points from origin to modern usage in appropriated contexts (in other words, as societal dog-whistle for both the right and the left :rolleyes: ).

With that, I'm out. :) Not feeling up to social soapboxing beyond sharing that.

1706031745577.png
1706031671901.png
1706031713583.png

Peace, Love and Rock'n'Roll, B!tches!

1706031778858.png

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis