L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
laughable really .........
really? it isn't true?... the celeb grab bags given out at awards ceremonies to get fannies in seats (that are worth 10's of thousands) aren't real?.. comp rooms in big hotels aren't real...???i grew up getting freebies b/c i was a country club rat .. that didn't happen?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
really? it isn't true?... the celeb grab bags given out at awards ceremonies to get fannies in seats (that are worth 10's of thousands) aren't real?.. comp rooms in big hotels aren't real...???i grew up getting freebies b/c i was a country club rat .. that didn't happen?
of course it's true, don't you understand the marketing behind it ??

as for 'poor folks paying for everything they do' ....... now that's a big stretch !

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief

as for 'poor folks paying for everything they do' ....... now that's a big stretch !
when's the last time you heard about a poor guy getting a freebie hotel room? or court side Laker tickets? ..it ain't all marketing .. what exactly are you referring to with freebies for poor people?..food stamps that subsidize the grocery stores and farm industry ? subsidized housing, that props up poorly run apt buildings? walmart employees having to get subsidies despite working full time? edit: of course i understand the marketing behind it.. it's on set of rich folks with their nose up another set of rich folks butt in order to make more profit.. not very equitable or dignified , but apparently pretty effective..

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
don't you understand how Vegas hotel room comps work ? show me where I said 'freebies for poor people' ?? why don't you explain, 'poor folks paying for everything', after all you did state that.

H

HawgHead1960

Enthusiast
very good, I hired out with PC in '74 and retired end of last year. I assume by your 'handle' you retired as an engineer ?
Was promoted to full fledged throttle bender in 1980 at the age of 19. What did you do for the PC?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Was promoted to full fledged throttle bender in 1980 at the age of 19. What did you do for the PC?
First five years in the operating side of things(Yardmaster, Rochester, NY) went into various management positions after that. Retiring the end of last year after a twelve year stint in the Shortline side of the industry. You have an extra generation on me, I'm a third. Dad was New York Central, grandfather Pittsburgh Shawmit & Northern

H

HawgHead1960

Enthusiast
First five years in the operating side of things(Yardmaster, Rochester, NY) went into various management positions after that. Retiring the end of last year after a twelve year stint in the Shortline side of the industry. You have an extra generation on me, I'm a third. Dad was New York Central, grandfather Pittsburgh Shawmit & Northern
My family all worked for the Texas & Pacific, taken over by the Missouri Pacific then later by the UP. I have three nephews who hired on there. One has a bit of seniority and still hanging on as an engineer, the other two, a carman and an engineer, fell victim to the latest upper management craze they call PSR or precision scheduled railroading.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
don't you understand how Vegas hotel room comps work ? show me where I said 'freebies for poor people' ?? why don't you explain, 'poor folks paying for everything', after all you did state that.
what do you want explained?.. we all understand the concept behind freebies for vegas "whales".. when's the last time a poor guy got a suite in vegas?.. not understanding it and not liking the fact that it happens are 2 entirely different things..rich people *DON"T NEED* free stuff yet they get more free stuff in the form of the above freebies and tax breaks and 501(c)3's and govt contracts ect ect ect.. and poor folks get f******.. your tolerance of it is just higher than mine..poor folks don't get any of that .. why don't you explain to me (who lives literally in poverty) how much free stuff i get..

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief

this is where you scoff at poor people paying for everything .. so there you go ... i just "showed you" were you said it per your previous post request..reminder: your the one that questioned my post .. i don't need to prove my point to you , you need to disprove my theory .. my theory is : RICH FOLKS get more freebies than poor folks.. i don't *care* about the marketing strategy.. rich folks don't need freebies , yet they get them constantly.. poor folks try to survive on income not nearly enough to survive on , get that done , and then have folks (like you maybe?) complaining about them being "takers"..

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
what do you want explained?.. we all understand the concept behind freebies for vegas "whales".. when's the last time a poor guy got a suite in vegas?.. not understanding it and not liking the fact that it happens are 2 entirely different things..rich people *DON"T NEED* free stuff yet they get more free stuff in the form of the above freebies and tax breaks and 501(c)3's and govt contracts ect ect ect.. and poor folks get f******.. your tolerance of it is just higher than mine..poor folks don't get any of that .. why don't you explain to me (who lives literally in poverty) how much free stuff i get..
and Robin Hood is your hero or alter ego ?

Ok so you despise the wealthy, a lot of people do, trouble is many(I'm not saying you) spend more time complaining about them instead of concentrating on their own agenda for financial success.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
this is where you scoff at poor people paying for everything .. so there you go ...
It's not a scoff, I've witnessed many times over the abuse of the welfare system. Trouble is, there are many folks who are poor for all the sad reasons we can come up with and then there's those who are poor for all the wrong reasons. Difficult to see some times.

rants over, time to move on ..........

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
and Robin Hood is your hero or alter ego ?

Ok so you despise the wealthy, a lot of people do, trouble is many(I'm not saying you) spend more time complaining about them instead of concentrating on their own agenda for financial success.
i don't despise the wealthy , i despise the system and media bias that allows them to consistently benefit from wealth(including politically) without having to pay a proper amount of taxes compared to wealth , all the while poor folks (including the working poor ) pay more in taxes , garner almost zero political influence and are labeled as "lazy", "takers", ect ect while trying to survive , then when somebody like AOC comes along and sticks up for them , other folks (obviously more lucky than smart) label her as a crackpot mostly because they've been fed media spin ..AOC is less crazy than trump and most of his supporters.. but i'd bet you voted for trump at least once .. so tell me about how misguided i am ...smh .. it doesn't hold up anywhere but on foxnoise and like minded media ...

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
It's not a scoff, I've witnessed many times over the abuse of the welfare system. Trouble is, there are many folks who are poor for all the sad reasons we can come up with and then there's those who are poor for all the wrong reasons. Difficult to see some times.

rants over, time to move on ..........
"welfare abuse" and free stuff handed out to the rich are 2 completely different things , it implies the welfare system is universally corrupt at the user level (which is demonstrably false in it's assumption) to compare the two things in the context that i brought it up is a false narrative.. i'm on social security , is that "free stuff"?.. my tax $$'s to support that system during 30 years of employment beg to differ..

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
i don't despise the wealthy , i despise the system and media bias that allows them to consistently benefit from wealth(including politically) without having to pay a proper amount of taxes compared to wealth , all the while poor folks (including the working poor ) pay more in taxes , garner almost zero political influence and are labeled as "lazy", "takers", ect ect while trying to survive , then when somebody like AOC comes along and sticks up for them , other folks (obviously more lucky than smart) label her as a crackpot mostly because they've been fed media spin ..AOC is less crazy than trump and most of his supporters.. but i'd bet you voted for trump at least once .. so tell me about how misguided i am ...smh .. it doesn't hold up anywhere but on foxnoise and like minded media ...
Man the media is about as bad as it gets! I don't watch my local news they so full of sh$t! nothing but propaganda! They gotta be apart of the Deep State!

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Man the media is about as bad as it gets! I don't watch my local news they so full of sh$t! nothing but propaganda! They gotta be apart of the Deep State!
my thoughts kind of revolve around : if you need to have "your media guy"(whoever that might be: rush, tucker , ect) tell you of an event , situation, or "scandal" that none of the "mainstream" media worries about .. then the "media guy" needs to tell you why you should be mad about it , at that point you are down the rabbit hole...and there's lot's of that going around these days...

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Half the problem in this country is the media. They slant stuff to keep the ratings moving along and even enlist the all knowing "celebrity" to slant the news. I'm still waiting for all these celebrities that said they would move to another country if Trumpo got elected the first time, hell they are still here getting that big old $$ pay check from TV shows and movies and music. Bunch of fakes,.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
I’m always curious about what defines rich and poor. I really think that should be defined. Net worth, Income level, Etc.. nobody can really define that. And to what end. I know plenty of folks who make plenty of money and have nothing to show for it and then of course the opposite...

I actually think it may be more dependent of how and where you make your money. That is where all the tax loop holes start to provide very different contributions from taxation percents...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jinjuku

jinjuku

It's expensive being poor
I’m always curious about what defines rich and poor. I really think that should be defined. Net worth, Income level, Etc.. nobody can really define that. And to what end. I know plenty of folks who make plenty of money and have nothing to show for it and then of course the opposite...

I actually think it may be more dependent of how and where you make your money. That is where all the tax loop holes start to provide very different contributions from taxation percents...

I think a decent definition of rich is amassing enough wealth that work no longer becomes a necessity.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
By what age?? That could make all retired folks rich.

I am also curious what is poor? What is the income level?

Back to my statement above. I know people who make $100-120k as a household and cant buy a house because they can’t save enough money for a down payment. Or maybe I should clarify they don’t prioritize their spending to do so.

They also have no significant savings. This is not too uncommon from my perception. Many people continue to make poor decisions and put themselves in high risk financial positions. Or spend excessive money on items that have no long term value. Phones, expensive cars, big TVs etc...

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis