Axiom m-60 vs Aperion Versus Forte

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Well that didn't take long and I for one would like to commend you in having a plan and sticking to it. Fwiw....anytime you post a question about speakers you'll get dozens of helpful but highly subjective opinions that in the long run IMHO make things more confusing or perplexing...you did it the right way and you'll be doing so at home.

Good luck and post some pic's..once your set up!

Re: Bill....:)

F

FLMike

Audioholic
Billy, thanks much. I stuck with it this time, but I have had other times when input over here kept me from doing something REALLY stupid (buying the Axiom M-60s perhaps? :) ). So I always like to run my audio and video decisions through the ringer over here at least once. Actually, I didn't stick to the original plan, I upgraded the budget to get what I really wanted. Imagine that happening on a speaker purchase, lol.

As for you Def, fine. Just be that way. :)

thanks again guys!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Billy, thanks much. I stuck with it this time, but I have had other times when input over here kept me from doing something REALLY stupid (buying the Axiom M-60s perhaps? :) ). So I always like to run my audio and video decisions through the ringer over here at least once. Actually, I didn't stick to the original plan, I upgraded the budget to get what I really wanted. Imagine that happening on a speaker purchase, lol.

As for you Def, fine. Just be that way. :)

thanks again guys!
I have some friends who own Polk, Klipsch, and Bose. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter which speakers you own. It's how you enjoy the music and movies. :)

A friend of mine bought the Aperion Grand Verus a year ago. I think they gave him a free analog SPL meter. Cool gift. :D

GoFastr

GoFastr

Full Audioholic
Dang, I didn't realize that my beloved Klipsch has sunk so low to be classed in the gutter with Polk and Bose now!

Looks like I may have to get a move on and accelerate the upgradeitis again. ;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Dang, I didn't realize that my beloved Klipsch has sunk so low to be classed in the gutter with Polk and Bose now!

Looks like I may have to get a move on and accelerate the upgradeitis again. ;)
I didn't mean that! :)

It came out wrong. :eek:

Personally, I rank Klipsch with DefTech, above Polk. Bose is not in the picture. But it's fine as long as the owners like them. That's what I meant. :D

I don't think you need to upgrade your Klipsch at all, seriously.

Last edited:
GoFastr

GoFastr

Full Audioholic
LOL! I know, I know. No problem mon. :)

I get a real kick out of all the super relevant measurement statistics that get quoted on every piece of the puzzle that makes up a total audiophile experience and what it really comes down to is whether the sound pleases the person who has to live with it longest in the room.

Some of the things that get measured I would bet that a lot of people can't even hear the differences, but it is certainly a good measurement and that unequivically makes it better.

Hey, I may not have spent as much money as some people on my system but it is the best system I have ever had in life and certainly sounds better to me than anything else I've ever had. If I get lucky enough to upgrade to better stuff later on then more power to me. ....and you guys had better believe I'll be bugging you for your opinions and suggestions on gear within my budget.

Goat1

Goat1

Audioholic
You will love them! Why didn't you go with the Verus center channel? That thing is huge.. Congrats,you will be happy..

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
LOL! I know, I know. No problem mon. :)

I get a real kick out of all the super relevant measurement statistics that get quoted on every piece of the puzzle that makes up a total audiophile experience and what it really comes down to is whether the sound pleases the person who has to live with it longest in the room.

Some of the things that get measured I would bet that a lot of people can't even hear the differences, but it is certainly a good measurement and that unequivically makes it better.

Hey, I may not have spent as much money as some people on my system but it is the best system I have ever had in life and certainly sounds better to me than anything else I've ever had. If I get lucky enough to upgrade to better stuff later on then more power to me. ....and you guys had better believe I'll be bugging you for your opinions and suggestions on gear within my budget.
You got that right!

Honestly, if I had never gotten on forums, I would probably still own my Def Tech B7000SC/CLR3000/BP7001SC/Trinity system. I enjoyed the heck out of that system, but..... :D

It never ends if you let it. :eek:

F

FLMike

Audioholic
Goat, yes exactly. It is big. Because of how I have things configured, the Center needs to go on the cabinet in front of the TV and the 9" height would mean re-jiggering things. Talked to Aperion and the guy said that the smaller Forte should be a fine match tone-wise and the finish is the same. they use the same tweeter, although the other drivers are slightly smaller. So, going to give it a try and see. If it does not show well, the project will see yet another, and FINAL upgrade and I will look at elevating the TV further to accommodate the additional height. But that is the benefit of a good in home trial policy, right? :)

F

FLMike

Audioholic
I hear you, Go. This is a major upgrade for me--especially in the aesthetics and hopefully in the sound-- and a long time in coming. I've been running Athena ASF-2s for about 10 years and have been really happy with them. They offered good performance for the price, were well reviewed, and were what my budget allowed at the time. The mains are nice but I have never liked the Center AT ALL, and the finish isn't exactly furniture grade. So it's time to retire them after years of faithful service (cue taps :D). Haven't decided whether to keep them for another room or to try and sell them since they are in perfect working order. I see people asking $300-$350 a pair on E-bay (who knows if they will get it).

Thanks,

Mike

Goat1

Goat1

Audioholic
After I sent back the Aperions,I was worried the Martin Logan center would sound small,it actually didn't matter because I was running height speakers also. Surprisingly,it sounds as big. I think its due to the dispersion pattern by the ribbon tweeter,its pretty impressive. Too bad it only comes in flat black,but it still looks good.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis