Awesome Deals For JBL And Infinity Speakers!! (Thru June 30th)

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Maybe this 6 series would sell better with the different aesthetics, but would definitely be helped out by 50% sales offers like the 5 series :) They still have relatively small center speakers, altho they did go slightly larger driver and doubled the number of midwoofers on the 665....

I only see the typical bi-amp connections....
I found a jbl synthesis center the other day that goes with those giant project Everest speakers the other day it was huge 3 way duel 8 inch bass drivers 6 inch mid and there compression high range driver at a somewhat reasonable price on eBay . Like 1.200 bucks dark rosewood cabinet. Looked good too !

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Yeah, if you Google a larger image you can see only 2 sets of binding posts, tho there's a reflection of the bottom set on the jumpers that almost looks like a third set.
Your correct the center is the straps reflecting in the light !

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I was looking at the manual for the 6 series and it only mentioned bi terminals but seems we all saw that same photo...I enlarged it and agree it looked like 3 sets before I did that....

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I was looking at the manual for the 6 series and it only mentioned bi terminals but seems we all saw that same photo...I enlarged it and agree it looked like 3 sets before I did that....
Same I had to blow it up too old eyes guess lol .

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I would jump on a set of 698s. :)
If I were looking...
:rolleyes:
Especially at 53% off...

wait for it...

Best Rainbow Farting Unicorn GIFs | Gfycat

Oh yeah, there it is:

Optimistic A.F.

:cool:

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I think the JBL series that supplanted the Studio 5 series was the Studio 6 series. The problem is that this series was never released in North America for reasons I do not know.
I never could understand why that series wasn't released here in the U.S. considering the studio 5 lineup has such a great reputation and is very well liked by so many users.

I'd imagine they would sell like crazy especially with there improved looks.

But maybe they don't want them to cut off sales for the 5 series and HDI series which I'd imagine they'd impact both of those lines sales numbers

It's the only reason I can think of them not releasing them here

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Been thinking that about the Studio 5 series for the last several years and they keep hanging around...but maybe HDI hasn't pushed them out of the way yet?
It's too bad I already have 7 590's 4 580's and 4 530's I might just have to buy some :D

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I never could understand why that series wasn't released here in the U.S. considering the studio 5 lineup has such a great reputation and is very well liked by so many users.

I'd imagine they would sell like crazy especially with there improved looks.

But maybe they don't want them to cut off sales for the 5 series and HDI series which I'd imagine they'd impact both of those lines sales numbers

It's the only reason I can think of them not releasing them here
My guess is that these speakers don't sell as well as you think they do. and since sales were never going to be big on the Studio 6 series in the USA, they just made fancy versions in the HDI series that would have enough of a profit margin to sell domestically.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Has anyone here heard the HDI series? Much better than 590s? Or just way prettier and build quality?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've been curious of the same thing. Believe shadyj has some hdi experience but not the 590....

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
My guess is that these speakers don't sell as well as you think they do. and since sales were never going to be big on the Studio 6 series in the USA, they just made fancy versions in the HDI series that would have enough of a profit margin to sell domestically.
They would have been big with me!!!! Oh well now I went all in with RBH and there is no looking back but I still can't bear to part with my JBL. I literally have no room upstairs :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I did notice a lack of user reviews and Q&A on the web page, which kinda surprised me. I think you're likely right on us getting HDI instead. The 6 series is closer in price and looks a lot closer to the HDI series than the 5 series.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
I did notice a lack of user reviews and Q&A on the web page, which kinda surprised me. I think you're likely right on us getting HDI instead. The 6 series is closer in price and looks a lot closer to the HDI series than the 5 series.
YesI wonder if the HDI is essentially the 6 series labeled differently? Probably a little different but I can’t justify ordering those when 590s are less than 500. Wish they were within a few hundred each and I’d try.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
YesI wonder if the HDI is essentially the 6 series labeled differently? Probably a little different but I can’t justify ordering those when 590s are less than 500. Wish they were within a few hundred each and I’d try.
I think the HDI is probably a pretty good step up over the 6's. I think they're using higher quality components. There's still a pretty good price difference too.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Yeah but most people all say that's a center that can't keep up. However, I would guess with 530's it could match nicely. With larger towers, it's a pass for most

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah but most people all say that's a center that can't keep up. However, I would guess with 530's it could match nicely. With larger towers, it's a pass for most
Somewhat agree, I used the 520c for a while and it did okay with the 590s generally but did replace it eventually with a larger center (Infinity RC263), but really only notice a difference at elevated levels and its a fairly large room as well. I do wish they'd made a matching large center to the 590, I do think the 520 is more appropriate when using the 530s for mains, too.....but use the 520 now in a smaller room with an odd setup (in the system that tends to get the least of the gear I've got).

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Somewhat agree, I used the 520c for a while and it did okay with the 590s generally but did replace it eventually with a larger center (Infinity RC263), but really only notice a difference at elevated levels and its a fairly large room as well. I do wish they'd made a matching large center to the 590, I do think the 520 is more appropriate when using the 530s for mains, too.....but use the 520 now in a smaller room with an odd setup (in the system that tends to get the least of the gear I've got).
I see these for sale a lot I’ve never really understood why such a crappie center in this line from jbl I like you think they should have come up with a better center for the 590’s and the rest of this line .
They needed a center like the HDI line has it’s got the goods .

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I see these for sale a lot I’ve never really understood why such a crappie center in this line from jbl I like you think they should have come up with a better center for the 590’s and the rest of this line .
They needed a center like the HDI line has it’s got the goods .
The best part is it uses the same compression driver as the rest of the 5 series (altho I saw something recently that contradicted the info I got from Harman/JBL on that point for the Studio 5 series). How big is the HDI center?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis