Awesome Deals For JBL And Infinity Speakers!! (Thru June 30th)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
They're at it again with some awesome deals on JBL Studio 5 Series and Infinity Reference 263 speakers!

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The Infinity has their flat piston midrange driver. I've always wanted to check those out. $199 each is a smoking deal for those.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Jbl seems to be offering the studio line more and more frequently they’ve been on the market a couple years I think they may be coming out with a new line in a year or two . I’d like to give the HDI series a good listen too . Although Iam not fond of there cabinet colors these days .

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Jbl seems to be offering the studio line more and more frequently they’ve been on the market a couple years I think they may be coming out with a new line in a year or two . I’d like to give the HDI series a good listen too . Although Iam not fond of there cabinet colors these days .
Been thinking that about the Studio 5 series for the last several years and they keep hanging around...but maybe HDI hasn't pushed them out of the way yet?

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Been thinking that about the Studio 5 series for the last several years and they keep hanging around...but maybe HDI hasn't pushed them out of the way yet?
When they start pushing the HDI’s I wouldn’t mind trying the biggest ones and the center to match looks to be interesting too . I kind of look at the HDI’s as couple year high end run kind of like the HP- 520’s to darn pricey for most .

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
HDI is not replacing the Studio 590s. HDI is on a level above the Studio 5 series, they are much more expensive.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
HDI is not replacing the Studio 590s. HDI is on a level above the Studio 5 series, they are much more expensive.
I meant it more in the way of JBL's general approach to home/consumer speakers, they haven't done much "new" except for HDI that I can think of. I just expected the Studio 5 series to not get replaced once it's had its run.....or am I missing something from JBL?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
When they start pushing the HDI’s I wouldn’t mind trying the biggest ones and the center to match looks to be interesting too . I kind of look at the HDI’s as couple year high end run kind of like the HP- 520’s to darn pricey for most .
It could be the price point keeping them alive....but Harman has other brands like Revel to go after the higher price points....

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I meant it more in the way of JBL's general approach to home/consumer speakers, they haven't done much "new" except for HDI that I can think of. I just expected the Studio 5 series to not get replaced once it's had its run.....or am I missing something from JBL?
I think the JBL series that supplanted the Studio 5 series was the Studio 6 series. The problem is that this series was never released in North America for reasons I do not know.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks for the info Pogre. I also wanted to check out that flat piston mid driver. So if anyone has these let us know how they sound compared to the standard infinity mids (on my Primus 363s). I happy with the 363s and if I ever get the itch to upgrade again I'm leaning toward some smaller Magnepans.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I think the JBL series that supplanted the Studio 5 series was the Studio 6 series. The problem is that this series was never released in North America for reasons I do not know.
Wasn’t the 6 series released in like Japan or somewhere in the Far East or Europe ?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Wow. Those do look like an update. They more resemble the the HDI series, imo. I found some images, here's the 690.

thumb_jbl-studio-690-floorstanding-speaker-5.jpg

Plus they have a bigger model in the line, the 698. Comes with a dedicated 6" midrange. They look pretty nice!

thumb_1.jpg

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Wow. Those do look like an update. They more resemble the the HDI series, imo. I found some images, here's the 690.

View attachment 48628

Plus they have a bigger model in the line, the 698. Comes with a dedicated 6" midrange. They look pretty nice!

View attachment 48629
I see the 6 series on eBay Japan at lot in all sizes they will ship for a hefty price . I’ve seen the smallest of this line on our eBay over here about a grand a pair . If you didn’t look close you would think there the HDI’s !

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I see the 6 series on eBay Japan at lot in all sizes they will ship for a hefty price . I’ve seen the smallest of this line on our eBay over here about a grand a pair . If you didn’t look close you would think there the HDI’s !
It's a damn shame they don't sell them here. I can see those selling like crazy in NA. I'm reading up on the 698 right now and you get a lot of speaker with it. Bass to 36 hz. They don't specify if that's -3 dB, but I'd tend to trust Harman with specs. Looks sharp too.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
It's a damn shame they don't sell them here. I can see those selling like crazy in NA. I'm reading up on the 698 right now and you get a lot of speaker with it. Bass to 36 hz. They don't specify if that's -3 dB, but I'd tend to trust Harman with specs. Looks sharp too.

Somebody’s bringing the little ones over here and selling them in the U. S. On eBay . From what I see it looks like these have small black bottom . But they do look like the HDI’s mabey a smaller wave guide at the high frequency driver . I’d like them in real black Ash too same with the top of the line HDI’s if they come in real Ash I’d be very interested in them .

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Looks like from the back those are setup to tri-amp ??

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe this 6 series would sell better with the different aesthetics, but would definitely be helped out by 50% sales offers like the 5 series :) They still have relatively small center speakers, altho they did go slightly larger driver and doubled the number of midwoofers on the 665....

I only see the typical bi-amp connections....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, if you Google a larger image you can see only 2 sets of binding posts, tho there's a reflection of the bottom set on the jumpers that almost looks like a third set.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis