gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Doesn't stereophile also stitch their FR graphs together? Don't they measure small ranges and glue them together so to speak?
Yes which is what I said in my above post. I do the same sometimes. Check out my review of the Axiom outdoor speakers as example:

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/speakers/architectural/axiom-algonquin

ps. for those that are offended by the "Buy Now" link, let me first apologize and then recommend you DON'T Click it! :D

S

silversurfer

Senior Audioholic
So which speaker looks best on paper? Omit anything below 80Hz.

BTW both speakers are rear ported.
gus, why are you turning this into a "which is better" thread? It is not even the point.

I will bite, the M20's FR looks nicer.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
It's strange how every time cschang mentions that fact that he doesn't get paid by Ascend, the owner of Ascend comes in right behind him to reiterate that.
It's strange how when there is talk of cschang, silversurfer comes along out of nowhere. :rolleyes:

S

silversurfer

Senior Audioholic
It's strange how when there is talk of cschang, silversurfer comes along out of nowhere. :rolleyes:
I personally know him. I have emailed him in the past about posting here, and he chooses not too. Is it wrong to post a different opinion about him? You make it seem like you want it to be like AVS all over again, but on your turf.

edit: just sent you a PM. In the mean time, maybe I will just stick reading and not posting. :)

Last edited:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
No Ascends HTM-200 Review

FYI;

I requested review samples of HTM-200 Ascend Acoustics speakers twice (once a few months ago and just recently) and on both occasions we were turned down.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
FYI;

I requested review samples of HTM-200 Ascend Acoustics speakers twice (once a few months ago and just recently) and on both occasions we were turned down.
A lot of times, the TRUTH hurts.

I'm afraid to even ask this question, but have you ever requested speakers from Defintive Technology for review?:D

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I'm afraid to even ask this question, but have you ever requested speakers from Defintive Technology for review?
Def Tech doesn't seem to internet friendly. We've always received lukewarm receptions from them at the trade shows so we haven't aggressively pursued them. They seem to only solicite reviews in places they advertise with which are mostly Print Publications. I will try to make a good contact at CEDIA this September since there are a lot of forum members here that are fans of their products.

Years ago when I was in college I worked at a hi end shop that sold Def tech and they were alot of fun speakers for movie watching especially with the built in subs and their low profile designs.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Def Tech doesn't seem to internet friendly. We've always received lukewarm receptions from them at the trade shows so we haven't aggressively pursued them. They seem to only solicite reviews in places they advertise with which are mostly Print Publications. I will try to make a good contact at CEDIA this September since there are a lot of forum members here that are fans of their products.

Years ago when I was in college I worked at a hi end shop that sold Def tech and they were alot of fun speakers for movie watching especially with the built in subs and their low profile designs.
Thanks, Gene!

I value the reviews here above all other reviews, including Home Theater Magazine and Sound & Vision.

I enjoy my Def Techs, as do so many people on this forum.

I believe a great deal of us would appreciate a thorough and definitive review of these speakers.:D

Just for fun, I just sent Chet @ Definitive this email:

"Chet, I am an Audioholics forum member. I know a lot of guys on the forum who own Def Techs. I just asked the president of Audioholics why they have never reviewed Def Tech speakers. He said that you guys are never interested in having Audioholics review your speakers.

Denon just sent Audioholics their $14,000 AVP-A1HDCI/ POA-A1HDCI Pre-Pro/Amp for review. It was great.

I was hoping one day Def Tech could send Audioholics their Flagship speakers - the BP7000SCs for review as well."

Chet Replied:

"I’ll forward your email to our new VP of marketing…..

Thanks,

Chet Pelkowski

Definitive Technology"

Last edited:
To be honest, I'm not sure we've officially asked them for a product to review. I just know they haven't pursued us - which is no crime...

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
JAD2 @ AVS said:
They leave the forums to be places of debate until it gets unruly.
The quote above from the AVS thread seems to be the best recommendation of AH. Debate about the reviews is certainly encouraged and differing opinions are not silenced or removed. I, for one, think that open debate will bring out the truth and that's what I find here.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis