AVR for streaming music and TV

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Which AVR do you like for streaming music and watching TV? I have 4 Philharmonters and a
SVS PB2000 12 inch sub, in a small open room. I'm currently using a Yamaha RX-A1050.
Sounds good but want to know if there are better options.

Last edited:
Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
Which AVR do you like for streaming music and watching TV? I have 4 Philharmonters and a
SVS PB2000 12 inch sub, in a small open room. I'm currently using a Yamaha RX-A1050.
Sounds good but want to know if there are better options.
If you're current avr is providing decent performance you'd be better off looking into a separate component (like a streaming box/stick). What sort of music services do you want to stream from?

Sent from my 5065N using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Why would it make any difference watching tv? You talking about built-in streaming apps or ability to handle dlna/airplay?

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Both kinds. I didn't say it would sound different just said I did watch TV.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Built in, Bluetooth and airplay. Such as Pandora, Spotify and others.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Built in, Bluetooth and airplay. Such as Pandora, Spotify and others.
Not specific enough to determine why your current avr isn't sufficient....or does the Yamaha lack Pandora and/or Spotify? I wouldn't bother with bluetooth if airplay/dlna are available.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Current AVR is good just asking if there was something better.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
Not specific enough to determine why your current avr isn't sufficient....or does the Yamaha lack Pandora and/or Spotify? I wouldn't bother with bluetooth if airplay/dlna are available.
Ditto. Bluetooth compression sucks.

A chrome cast or fire tv stick will allow you to do all of that for less than $50. Chrome cast is better IMO, since you can use your smartphone to cast almost anything from Spotify and pandora, to 4K HDR movies on Netflix and VUDU with no loss in quality. For streaming media from a PC just install plex. I wouldn’t upgrade a receiver unless you need new features or more power on the audio side, it’s just a waste of money IMO and there are other inexpensive devices to complement your setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis