AVR as pre/pro vs pre/pro, XLR vs single ended, and compatibility with high current amplifier(s)

Best HT 11 channel pre-pro under $2.5K for use with Krell Amp KAV-250a/3 (plus 2addtl MM7055's)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
H

HSWJR

Audioholic Intern
Unfortunately it is advertised at that price by an outfit called HDVision something or another... much written about (not in a good way). I’d rather not risk it.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Unfortunately it is advertised at that price by an outfit called HDVision something or another... much written about (not in a good way). I’d rather not risk it.
Agreed, as I always like to emphasize the need to buy from an authorized dealer and that the unit comes with the full original manufacturer warranty. AVPs have tons of stuff in it that could go wrong, that's the only reason between the 5100 and 5200, I would go with the 5200, that is it 3 years newer in model years, despite the XLR issue, or non issue kind of issue.

H

HSWJR

Audioholic Intern
Amazon gets another purchase. Was going to get it from Crutchfield, but with the 5% back using the Bezos wealth accumulation card I had to go with Amazon Prime/Yamaha Store. New 5200 on the way. Thanks for all your "steering" hopefully the Yamaha's "steering" is as good lol!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis