jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Hey man, I think you have a good thing going there, but you should add a disclaimer that it's a self-plug, or check through Gene or Clint first. I don't think they'd have a problem, as what you're offering would be very useful to a lot of the people around here.

patnshan

patnshan

Senior Audioholic
Cool

Yeah, there have been a couple of posts on the utility of doing something like this. I wanted to, but didn't know how to get the power supply correct. I was thinking I would have to use a PC type power supply to power the fans, but this has just the transformer in the plug. It looks quite nice.

The one thing I'd like to see is a transformer that was not on the plug like some of the PC printers. That way you could connect it to the switched power plug on the back of the receiver! I'd hate to hang that heavy thing off the back of my Marantz :eek:

Pat

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
$20.95 for $6-8 in parts...huh. I would just use 110v fans for a direct plug in to the ac. outlet on the back of receivers.

M

mblumhardt

Audiophyte
AC Adapter type for cooling fans

patnshan said:
The one thing I'd like to see is a transformer that was not on the plug like some of the PC printers. That way you could connect it to the switched power plug on the back of the receiver! I'd hate to hang that heavy thing off the back of my Marantz :eek:

Pat
AC Adapters like the kind for PC printers are do-able. They just cost more.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis