Auralex Acoustics SubDude-HT Subwoofer Acoustic Isolation Platform,

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
So I built some stands out of the butcher blocks and the spike kits. Turned out very nice. Had a listen last night and with the speakers placed on the new bases, my Bass seems to have left the room!!

Attachments

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
So I built some stands out of the butcher blocks and the spike kits. Turned out very nice. Had a listen last night and with the speakers placed on the new bases, my Bass seems to have left the room!!
Which Canton towers did you get?

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Which Canton towers did you get?
These are the Anniversary A45 Towers. Fantastic too. The imaging and instrument separation are like nothing I have ever listened to. Build quality is impeccable. Glad I got them when I did. The price have gone up to 4000.
The matte white with the Ceramic drivers look even better in person. Love them.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
These are the Anniversary A45 Towers. Fantastic too. The imaging and instrument separation are like nothing I have ever listened to. Build quality is impeccable. Glad I got them when I did. The price have gone up to 4000.
Congrats! Very nice choice! :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Congratulations!
Curious what were they going for whe you got them?
I forget what A4L was selling them for, but I was thinking a good bit less.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Dude! You bought the A45's! That is awesome! Please post more pix and a review if you get the chance. You've had quite a few high-end towers to compare them to.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Indeed... that would be good, as the transfer of vibration creates its own distortion. My down-firing subs improved drastically by eliminating most of that. Re: my towers, granted they have a top-oriented terminus to the TL, but I have them on the same platforms and what I experience is a cleaner LF performance for the reason stated above. Please share more as you continue to adjust! :)

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
No... I wasn't getting enough. Now I seem to be back in check. I moved my chair back about 2 feet. Seems like there is a void right where I was sitting before.
Oh that makes sense.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
No... I wasn't getting enough. Now I seem to be back in check. I moved my chair back about 2 feet. Seems like there is a void right where I was sitting before.
Ha! inches matter! Sometimes half an inch.
If you measure with REW or even the Audyssey App, you get enough info that you can tell certain things... I had a huge suckout happening in the 50-60 Hz range... only on my left, though... when I looked at the wavelength size... it corresponded directly to the distance from the speaker to the wall and back again. I moved it maybe a total of 2.5 inches on one corner, a little less on the opposing corner, mainly changing the symmetry in the room, and the suckout went back to being just a room artifact rather than a complete problem. ;)

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Two pics for now sitting next to my Focal Aria.
The Canton have such a calm clear voice to them. Very balanced. I only have about ten hours on them. I was told and read that the Ceramic drivers are stiff and take a little longer than the given 20 hour conditioning time. I’m super happy with them. It’s my last large purchase for Audio. I’m set.
The Focals have a place in my rotation. I won’t ever let those go. There is something about the Focal in this music room. They are fantastic, but take them in a larger room like my Living room, and they don’t sound the same.
As for any difference in the two right off.. the Focal’s have more of a V pattern sound to me. Clear high, and can you believe more bass‍♂♂ But the Cantons are like a grown up Aria. More mature sounding.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
Nice Cantons. I love my ventos. You got a great pair of speakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis