Auralex Acoustics SubDude-HT Subwoofer Acoustic Isolation Platform,

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Anyone ever use one of these for Floor speakers? I need to raise my speakers off the carpet a bit as they have the bass port on the bottom of the speaker. My carpet is a little to think. I use one for my sub and it's great. Just curious if this is the most cost effective way to go. I see the Iso acoustics make an item just to raise towers but they cost an arm and leg.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Have you looked at SVS SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation System for $50 for a pack of four? At a height of 40 mm they are 4.45 mm lower than the SubDude-HT : https://www.svsound.com/products/soundpath-subwoofer-isolation-system

I use them for my SVS subwoofers and they are now not prone to slide around on the floor as with the original feet.

That said, I would be a little concerned about the stability of using them (or anything not hard) on tower speakers unless your towers has/is on a large plinth.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
I did look into the SVS feet. The thread pitch is not the same as my speakers. I took one of the feet off my SVS Sub and tried it on the speaker and it would not thread on to it. Looks like mine are almost fine thread. I do know they are metric. I will have to pull one out and measure it.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I did look into the SVS feet. The thread pitch is not the same as my speakers. I took one of the feet off my SVS Sub and tried it on the speaker and it would not thread on to it. Looks like mine are almost fine thread. I do know they are metric. I will have to pull one out and measure it.
You already have the SVS SoundPath Subwoofer feet? In case you don't, you can use your own screws in the feet and the feet comes with ¼-20 x 20 mm screws, M6 x 20 mm screws and M8 x 20 mm screws.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I have svs soundpath feet on my outlaws. They work great. They come with 4 sets of screws: 1/4-20, m6, m8, and m10 iirc.
I still think if you are worried about the acoustics of the port being swallowed by the carpet, a better bet would be putting the speaker on a platform like a wood cutting board. A set of Dayton Spikes will allow you to effectively make your own “plinth” platform so the port won’t hit the carpet. Don’t think you would need to alter the distance from speaker to surface.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
You already have the SVS SoundPath Subwoofer feet? In case you don't, you can use your own screws in the feet and the feet comes with ¼-20 x 20 mm screws, M6 x 20 mm screws and M8 x 20 mm screws.
NO NO... I just tried one of the stock feet from my SVS Subwoofer.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
I have svs soundpath feet on my outlaws. They work great. They come with 4 sets of screws: 1/4-20, m6, m8, and m10 iirc.
I still think if you are worried about the acoustics of the port being swallowed by the carpet, a better bet would be putting the speaker on a platform like a wood cutting board. A set of Dayton Spikes will allow you to effectively make your own “plinth” platform so the port won’t hit the carpet. Don’t think you would need to alter the distance from speaker to surface.
I thought about that. I also found a some on Amazon. I need a rather large size since my base of the speaker is 13x17.5

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
We have a custom concrete shop that does countertops and other such things... when I approached them, they showed me their Boneyard where I found two closely matching rejects... they cut them to size for me, and drilled some holes. I epoxied the threaded inserts into the holes.
I'm leaving now but will post a link to that other photo later when I have the chance.

Another option is granite, if you have a source near you. Usually some kind of outdoor landscape and quarry type shop. we have one in Santa Rosa called Weeler Zamboni that will do custom granite to your spec. It was like 70-80 for the granite. The concrete shop charged me 50 for 4 pieces. The wood cutting boards are the least expensive.

The outriggers are pricey, but that was my bling since I shopped smart on my speaker purchases! :p

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Audiophile cutting boards are the next great untapped market.
They are supposed to be great for absorbing vibration in a set up like that! Granite is supposed to be better, but good wood will help tremedously. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis