J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
hey everyone, anyone try audioquest tornado power cables? or compare them to other power cables. Maybe Gene has tested them

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If you want to buy silly cables go right ahead. Why would you think there's a benefit to overspending on a simple power cable? You like advertising hype or something? I just call this company Fraudioquest....

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Hello and welcome! You’ll have to forgive @lovinthehd. He was once tied up with Audioquest cables and then the place got raided and he was stuck there for awhile. It was this whole big thing but he’s not wrong. Those cables are silly, ridiculously overpriced and worst of all, they chafe!

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
no i just read so much online that power cables do make a difference whereas hdmi cables don't at all as its just ones and zeros

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
HDMI cables don't work at all if not outfitted for the task. So, those matter much more than snake oil power cords.

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
yes i agree it will work or not work. I have a furman 20pfi and it made a huge difference in sound. Thats my true honest opinion. It made my system sound twice as good. So wondering about power cables as there are so many cables all jammed in the same square inch

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Nope. The only reason I can think of to buy ANY pier cable, is because I need a shorter/longer one for cable management. OR I lost the factory one, in which case I have a tote FULL of power cables that will work. Scammers like fraudioquest prey on the idea that you’re missing out on something by using inferior power cables, speaker cables and interconnects. If there was really something to the whole cable thing, don’t you think if it made a difference, OEM’s would include the “best” cables so their gear would perform its best? Oh wait. They DO!!! It’s not like modifying a car…
And think about it. The AVR/pre pro converts the AC from the wall to dc. It’s already filtered, and converted to DC so how can three feet of cable offer ANY performance differences when you haven’t changed the Romex in your walls, the receptacle, or the miles and miles of cable from your service panel to the power company???
Sorry to say, but cable charlatans are not supported here.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Yup.

Tornado because it sucks up all your cash and blows it away!

Please consider that an aftermarket power cable just delivers electrons from your existing in-wall, non-audiophile Romex cable, to the very same wiring in your AVR or AVP.
Does a 3' power cable somehow magically make electrons different somehow?
:confused:

The short answer is no. The electrons don't need to be massaged with beer or sake, they don't care if someone found a way to extrude a single crystal copper conductor...
People buy this cr@p because they are chasing the dragon and convince themselves that quantum tunneling somehow means something. They have to believe it, too, because they spent something like $1000-$1700 on a flipping power cable that the manufacturer gives you for free!
;)

In short, it has been pointed out that most of these companies don't even have real engineers on staff... but they have marketing heads for days!

Spend your money wisely on Better Speakers, and get yourself some decent quality pure copper speaker cable. Don't worry about the power cord, unless you plan to install your own special wiring from the Power Sub station to your home on your own private power poles! Oh, and rewire your house, install new outlets, oh and a special balanced sub-panel would be required too... :p

Oh, and I almost forgot: AH Drinking Game... Everybody take a shot! o_O :D

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, what they said.;) And even if I believed it, Monster took this schnook for everything he had back in the 90’s.:confused:

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Oh, here it is... from just a week ago. :D

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, what they said.;) And even if I believed it, Monster took this schnook for everything he had back in the 90’s.:confused:
I am still mad at the fact when I bought my first pre/pro Anthem AVM30, I was told the $200 Monster unbalanced interconnects would make a huge difference in a 7.2 system. Yes $1400 (List) 4ft in calbes. He did knock off 20% so I saved $280. Still about $1000 too much.

If cash is burning a hole in your pocket, it's your money, but those cables will get 0 respect on this site.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
yes i agree it will work or not work. I have a furman 20pfi and it made a huge difference in sound. Thats my true honest opinion. It made my system sound twice as good. So wondering about power cables as there are so many cables all jammed in the same square inch
I had dirty electricity in my townhome and the power conditioner did knock out some of the hum. Dynamically I don't think it did anything. When I had my house built, I didn't need it, becuase I have whole home surge protection and a 200amp panel. I still use it, because i paid for it ;)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yup.

Tornado because it sucks up all your cash and blows it away!
Lmao!!!! Truth.
Oh, and I almost forgot: AH Drinking Game... Everybody take a shot! o_O :D
One down!!!

Btw. I love that you included Sake in your post. I was actually fortunate enough to go to Tokyo. I wore a kimono and drank sake from a barrel. Lol
Had an amazing time, and took in a great deal of culture. It was amazing. Definitely not the same as sake bombs but hey…

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You may like placebos but need a good properly conducted comparison....or are a troll perhaps? The silly wire and power conditioning sh*t gets old quick.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
hey everyone, anyone try audioquest tornado power cables? or compare them to other power cables. Maybe Gene has tested them
I would NOT buy Audioquest products since most of them are ridden with Snake Oil claims that failed to meet expectations when independently tested as I've done here:

As for power cables, the only time I would change from what is supplied is if you power cable got broken or you need a different length. In that case, either get an exact replacement or slightly lower gauge if the run is much longer.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I heard something about a strangely tall pale Geisha and something about 5 Japanese eggplants at the same time...

:eek: o_O :cool:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis