AudioQuest Jitterbug

A

Audiominer

Audiophyte
I just bought the jitterbug and it works great with my car stereo and home system with a USB hooked up to my TV. I tried it on a tablet with an OTG cable and I didn't like the sound.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'm sorry to inform you that you have been ripped off. USB signal is either 0/1, there is no magic in usb signal as it is digital format and that little thing does nothing to improve your sound experience.

A

Audiominer

Audiophyte
I'm sorry to inform you that you have been ripped off. USB signal is either 0/1, there is no magic in usb signal as it is digital format and that little thing does nothing to improve your sound experience.
I can hear a difference even on my car stereo. I am happy with the improvement it makes for its modest cost.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I just bought the jitterbug and it works great with my car stereo and home system with a USB hooked up to my TV. I tried it on a tablet with an OTG cable and I didn't like the sound.
An either/or test isn't scientific, it's too limited in scope. The OTG cable is probably bad. Try a different one and see if that sounds bad and try a different brand.

A

Audiominer

Audiophyte
An either/or test isn't scientific, it's too limited in scope. The OTG cable is probably bad. Try a different one and see if that sounds bad and try a different brand.
Thanks I was just curious if the OTG cable affected the sound quality. I just bought the Jitterbug to use in my car with a flash drive and am very happy with the results.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I can hear a difference even on my car stereo. I am happy with the improvement it makes for its modest cost.
If you knew how digital transmission works you would know that it has no effect to the signal. When you know something has changed in the chain you may imagine the differences, you may not believe how big part your brains play in audio as well. You migth want to check this out:

A

Audiominer

Audiophyte
If you knew how digital transmission works you would know that it has no effect to the signal. When you know something has changed in the chain you may imagine the differences, you may not believe how big part your brains play in audio as well. You migth want to check this out:
The Jitterbug states on the box it is a filter. My Trinity Delta headphones come with filters that you can swap to change the sound and sound stage and I am pretty sure that I could pick which filter is being used if somebody switched them.I like the sound of the Jitterbug because of the way it filters the sound.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
The Jitterbug states on the box it is a filter. My Trinity Delta headphones come with filters that you can swap to change the sound and sound stage and I am pretty sure that I could pick which filter is being used if somebody switched them.I like the sound of the Jitterbug because of the way it filters the sound.
Please don't get hurt, but we're just trying to disabuse you of your mistaken beliefs versus the plain facts. Many audio products depend on the customer hearing what they want and /or expect to hear, not what they actually hear. In all honesty, you've been sold a pocketful of magic beans. If you had any technical background at all you would realize that you can't "filter" a digital signal. This is why this advertising only works with those unaware of the actual working of these things.

But, hey, it's your money. If it makes you happy, mazel tov, but please, don't try to sell us on your personal beliefs or get offended when we try to educate you by stating the truth. Ignorance can be cured if one is open to learning. Arrogance and stupidity is forever.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Changing the sound is fine, not unlike using tone controls. That doesn't mean it is improving anything; just changing it to your preference and that's each person's choice.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

... My Trinity Delta headphones come with filters that you can swap to change the sound and sound stage ...
Since I am not familiar with this headphone, does it use a digital input signal or strictly analog?
Not sure what kind of audio is sent through a USB port, analog or strictly digital.
A digital signal to a headphone needs a D/A converter. Perhaps the filters are either in the digital domain
or analog domain; tone controls.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
The entire premise of the device is nonsense. The data that flows from the USB stick to the stereo or laptop is just the compressed MP3 file. It's the exact same stream of 1s and 0s you copied over to it in the first place. If the stream were not transferred error-free, you wouldn't be able to copy a program or picture to USB without introducing flaws.

The actual decoding of the encoded, compressed, essentially scrambled MP3 data occurs within the car stereo head unit or computer itself. The file itself gets transferred with 100% fidelity over USB, and the decoder in the car stereo actually decodes the digital information. The head unit literally copies the file from the USB drive to its own internal memory and then decodes it, the same way you'd copy the Adobe Reader installer from a flash drive to install it on your PC.

It's literally and technically impossible for this device to have any effect on the quality of the sound whatsoever.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
The Trinity Delta headphones are standard analog headphones. The raw analog audio signal itself is being transferred via the headphone port. It's not error-corrected digital data that will then be decoded. It's a raw analog signal. You can easily apply filters of various kinds to the analog signal. That's what an analog graphic equalizer does.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

The Trinity Delta headphones are standard analog headphones. The raw analog audio signal itself is being transferred via the headphone port. It's not error-corrected digital data that will then be decoded. It's a raw analog signal. You can easily apply filters of various kinds to the analog signal. That's what an analog graphic equalizer does.
That is exactly what I thought but asked to be sure.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis