Audiophile Cable Synergy: Real or Snake Oil?

Is Cable Synergy Real?

• Yes. Cables make or break the sound of a system.

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • No. Cable Synergy is snake oil.

Votes: 51 92.7%
  • I go wireless, no cables.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
O

OHMisback

Audioholic
You can take the fork out now, you're done.
I did see a proclamation, what it's about I have no clue. What does "you're done" mean? YOU didn't say or DO anything. YOU never got started.
Tell me what do you want to measure? What will tell you the whole story? I'm asking an honest question.

What is it that needs to be measured that I can change? If I did find a strange way to change "IT" (what ever "IT" is) what are the
magic numbers YOU want to see for your systems?

I see list of stuff you use, are you happy with it? I could see commenting on that.

"Nope" Lots of help there.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
So you'll spend a pile of cash on what looks like choice hardware but you won't spend 10 minutes to watch proof about the cables you use to run it with. I wish I had that kind of dispoable cash laying around. The Michi gear gets great reviews. OK, let's break it down to the basics.

Uhhh, do you need to plug in your amp? Yes! Does your outlet produce the required 120V needed by your equipment? That is the most basic measurement you get, do you know if you are close to 120V?
I did see a proclamation, what it's about I have no clue. What does "you're done" mean? YOU didn't say or DO anything. YOU never got started.
Tell me what do you want to measure? What will tell you the whole story? I'm asking an honest question.

What is it that needs to be measured that I can change? If I did find a strange way to change "IT" (what ever "IT" is) what are the
magic numbers YOU want to see for your systems?

I see list of stuff you use, are you happy with it? I could see commenting on that.

"Nope" Lots of help there.
Idiots love to assume.

witchdoctor

witchdoctor

Full Audioholic
Idiots love to assume.
Excuse me, you asked for measurements, never looked at them, and now want to pollute this thread about cables with a sticks and stones routine of name calling. Sorry, I gotta put the block on you, "you're done".

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Another Snake Oil product: The Japanese Furutech F-TP615 at $700:
furutech F-TP615.jpg

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Another Snake Oil product: The Japanese Furutech F-TP615 at $700:
View attachment 57195
Does Furutech even offer a product that isn't audiophoolery? Everything I've seen points to the usual idiocy of audiophilia.

O

OHMisback

Audioholic
Idiots love to assume.
Mr MaxinValrico SIR!

I was shot in the head, WTF is your excuse?
It's obvious eugenics wasn't at play, more like the move "Hills have Eyes" or "Deliverance". There was an X-File that was pretty funky too.

"Mercury go see about Papa Jupe", They didn't read or get out much either. The Civil War caps gave it away so did no running water or electricity.
The little house outside with the quarter moon on it, is not your new dream bedroom either.

The inbreds have an excuse and I can take a pill to fix my issues.

Again WTF is your excuse for being RUDE and STUPID.

Party Poopin', limp noodle, booger eatin' spaz.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Mr MaxinValrico SIR!

It's obvious eugenics wasn't at play, more like the move "Hills have Eyes" or "Deliverance". There was an X-File that was pretty funky too.

"Mercury go see about Papa Jupe", They didn't read or get out much either. The Civil War caps gave it away so did no running water or electricity.
The little house outside with the quarter moon on it, is not your new dream bedroom either.

What is your excuse for the cable idiocy you propose/ You seem an idiot.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Mr MaxinValrico SIR!

You do come across like an inbred in an incest based relationship.. Good grief you have so many silly beliefs, but based on your 40 years in AA/AN that's not surprising.

witchdoctor

witchdoctor

Full Audioholic
This is what you get, the dude asks for measurements, doesn't understand them, then gets pissed off about it.
Now, some how its everyone else's fault that he can't put even a sentence together let alone put together an audio system, duh!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
This is what you get, the dude asks for measurements, doesn't understand them, then gets pissed off about it.
Now, some how its everyone else's fault that he can't put even a sentence together let alone put together an audio system, duh!
Just when have you provided such measurements? So far I think of you as the bitchy voodoo marketer, no proof, just voodoo crap, generally think of you as an audiophool based on your posts how you choose/test gear. What actual measurements do you have to post?

H

HackMan55

Enthusiast
I have no problem admitting I have less knowledge about this subject and far less credibility than any other poster in this thread. For some reason, I'm going to pretend the opinion of a total home audio/home theater novice will be a worthwhile contribution, so bear with me.

I've read enough here-and thought about what seems logical-to not question the fallacy of exotic cabling being a game changer/normally functioning amps sounding the same/etc.. Intelligent individuals with a ton of expertise have convinced me.

That said, I do feel I have heard audio quality differences in the avr's I have had. I can admit this is most likely in my head and double blind testing would probably prove me wrong. But if I feel that my old Integra sounds different or better than the Sony I had, it kinda makes it true, even if only to me. So a little part of me feels we shouldn't tell these people they are wrong.

On the flip side, I believe spreading these notions can be shady and just plain wrong. I used to be a satellite technician and the company forced us to pimp higher priced Audioquest hdmi and optical cables. It was told to us there is actual video or audio improvement and most of us believed because we didn't know any better (I hadn't yet had much interest in home theater). After a while I started wondering...."it's digital. I'd think it either works or doesn't, there shouldn't be much difference". I started paying attention and concluded they didn't sound or look any different from the cheap cables we gave away for free. Unfortunately, most customers were as ignorant as we were and saw us as experts. If we said more expensive accessories were better, they assumed it to be true. I soon grew to feel dirty trying to tell people they should upgrade hdmi cables for their non 4k tv's or that an AQ optical cable would be a better choice than any cheap hdmi for their audio. I felt like a jerk and it was a main reason I moved on from the company.

If people like me want to throw out logic and believe this component really does "sound" better, those who know better shouldn't try to shame us about it or convince us we are wrong. However, it is also irresponsible of people who throw aside silly things like science and testing in favor of our subjective opinion to insist the experts are wrong and that those who don't know any better should invest money they may not have or could really use better elsewhere.

tl, dr: if people want to think magic cables or similar are better, let them think so. It does to them. If you do feel that way, don't trumpet your beliefs to people who may believe you without some credible evidence to back you up.

p.s.
I still have several of those AQ cables. While no noticeable quality difference, I will concede the build quality has proven better than any of the cheaper cables I've since acquired.

witchdoctor

witchdoctor

Full Audioholic
I have no problem admitting I have less knowledge about this subject and far less credibility than any other poster in this thread. For some reason, I'm going to pretend the opinion of a total home audio/home theater novice will be a worthwhile contribution, so bear with me.

I've read enough here-and thought about what seems logical-to not question the fallacy of exotic cabling being a game changer/normally functioning amps sounding the same/etc.. Intelligent individuals with a ton of expertise have convinced me.

That said, I do feel I have heard audio quality differences in the avr's I have had. I can admit this is most likely in my head and double blind testing would probably prove me wrong. But if I feel that my old Integra sounds different or better than the Sony I had, it kinda makes it true, even if only to me. So a little part of me feels we shouldn't tell these people they are wrong.

On the flip side, I believe spreading these notions can be shady and just plain wrong. I used to be a satellite technician and the company forced us to pimp higher priced Audioquest hdmi and optical cables. It was told to us there is actual video or audio improvement and most of us believed because we didn't know any better (I hadn't yet had much interest in home theater). After a while I started wondering...."it's digital. I'd think it either works or doesn't, there shouldn't be much difference". I started paying attention and concluded they didn't sound or look any different from the cheap cables we gave away for free. Unfortunately, most customers were as ignorant as we were and saw us as experts. If we said more expensive accessories were better, they assumed it to be true. I soon grew to feel dirty trying to tell people they should upgrade hdmi cables for their non 4k tv's or that an AQ optical cable would be a better choice than any cheap hdmi for their audio. I felt like a jerk and it was a main reason I moved on from the company.

If people like me want to throw out logic and believe this component really does "sound" better, those who know better shouldn't try to shame us about it or convince us we are wrong. However, it is also irresponsible of people who throw aside silly things like science and testing in favor of our subjective opinion to insist the experts are wrong and that those who don't know any better should invest money they may not have or could really use better elsewhere.

tl, dr: if people want to think magic cables or similar are better, let them think so. It does to them. If you do feel that way, don't trumpet your beliefs to people who may believe you without some credible evidence to back you up.

p.s.
I still have several of those AQ cables. While no noticeable quality difference, I will concede the build quality has proven better than any of the cheaper cables I've since acquired.
Hi Hackman, What are you trying to accomplish (2ch or HT), what is your budget, and what is your taste in movies and music? Welcome. I think a good article to get started with can be found here. The speakers listed in the article are expensive, but good active streaming speakers that are smaller can be found for hundreds, not thousands, of dollars:

Last edited:
NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
But if I feel that my old Integra sounds different or better than the Sony I had, it kinda makes it true, even if only to me. So a little part of me feels we shouldn't tell these people they are wrong.

On the flip side, I believe spreading these notions can be shady and just plain wrong.

Therein lies the problem, most of the people who believe it are also more than willing to spread their misinformation with no proof. Or the "proof" might be the video posted above which shows absolutely nothing, or "check out the reviews on Amazon" because that's a totally reliable place for reviews. I mean, if that's your sole source of reviews on how well something works you might as well go and buy this:

https://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Wireless-Bluetooth-Stereo-Amplifier/dp/B09QLG8RC3/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2X88M3SPHPU3&keywords=pyle&qid=1659946503&sprefix=pyle,aps,133&sr=8-5&th=1

Just look at those reviews!

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
A
So you'll spend a pile of cash on what looks like choice hardware but you won't spend 10 minutes to watch proof about the cables you use to run it with. I wish I had that kind of dispoable cash laying around. The Michi gear gets great reviews. OK, let's break it down to the basics.

Uhhh, do you need to plug in your amp? Yes! Does your outlet produce the required 120V needed by your equipment? That is the most basic measurement you get, do you know if you are close to 120V?
A video can be manipulated to show whatever someone wants and if anyone who checked out those items knew that and when switching was done, it's not truly blind- they would have some level of bias.

witchdoctor

witchdoctor

Full Audioholic
A

A video can be manipulated to show whatever someone wants and if anyone who checked out those items knew that and when switching was done, it's not truly blind- they would have some level of bias.
I agree, I never make purchase decisions based only on one source of data. I always make sure I can return whatever I purchase if it doesn't work out. As for GR Research their are plenty of other ways to check out Danny's creds other than the one video. BTW, you did watch the video of the Vinyl Attack channel that went to Danny's location and checked everything out in person right?

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I agree, I never make purchase decisions based based only on one source of data. I always make sure I can return whatever I purchase if it doesn't work out. As for GR Research their are plenty of other ways to check out Danny's creds other than the one video. BTW, you did watch the video of the Vinyl Attack channel that went to Danny's location and checked everything out in person right?
Danny,= Fake News..lol

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
Excuse me, you asked for measurements, never looked at them, and now want to pollute this thread about cables with a sticks and stones routine of name calling. Sorry, I gotta put the block on you, "you're done".
A fool and his money are soon parted.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis