Audiophile Cable Synergy: Real or Snake Oil?

Is Cable Synergy Real?

• Yes. Cables make or break the sound of a system.

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • No. Cable Synergy is snake oil.

Votes: 51 92.7%
  • I go wireless, no cables.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Too much of a wuss to post why you disagree?

If you haven't worked in consumer audio and especially as it was in the past, you'll never understand what it was and what it could have been.

It used to be enjoyable- now, it's a PITA.
Because he's a believer in the BS. Just look at his signature, he actually lists wall sockets in it, he's fully bought into it and there is no coming back for him.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Because he's a believer in the BS. Just look at his signature, he actually lists wall sockets in it, he's fully bought into it and there is no coming back for him.
I can’t help but wonder how deep…
Prices ranging from $25-100.

But that’s nothing. Performance has clearly been left on the table.

I can’t help but wonder what romex is in the walls?
Is there a special breaker panel?
A dedicated power line?
Hmmm.

Maybe I missed it but this is missing:
And what about these? They should clearly outperform anything Pangea may offer!

:p

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.

A dedicated power line?
Hmmm.

I'm still concerned that someone made something milled from a block of Duralumin, stuck a layer of Carbon fiber on the face, installed hospital-grade outlets and an IEC power inlet, then wrote that the users could choose their own power cord, based on whatever trips their trigger. All for the low, low price of $3999. There's nothing inside, except for the wires.

...and people wonder why I and others are jaded.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I don't think we agree with each other which is fine, we can agree to disagree and move on to another topic.
In case you think I was insulting you about not being in the business, I wasn't- it's a bit like the saying "pics, or it didn't happen'. The differences between selling & buying AV equipment are so huge that it's hard to make a clear comparison.

witchdoctor

witchdoctor

Full Audioholic
I'm still concerned that someone made something milled from a block of Duralumin, stuck a layer of Carbon fiber on the face, installed hospital-grade outlets and an IEC power inlet, then wrote that the users could choose their own power cord, based on whatever trips their trigger. All for the low, low price of $3999. There's nothing inside, except for the wires.

...and people wonder why I and others are jaded.
Borrow anything that you want to try out, you don't have to buy it:

O

OHMisback

Audioholic
I have always used Hubbell 5352. 125v 2 pole, 3 wire grounding (back and side) they are good copper. The last 20 pieces I bought were in the box 30.00 (surplus USAF).

I ran 12/2/g X 2 for every stereo outlet. L1 and L2 are wired to the receptacle and both on 20 amp breakers. I can run 220/240 single phase for the big Macs I used at the time, step down transformer or a dirty plug.

I had 150 dollars in Romex, receptacles and a 60 amp subpanel. I used 8 of the 20 outlets in 3 rooms, when I added the rooms to the house 38 years ago. I still have the
two extra outlets and a full box of 10 somewhere.

I'm not one to buy other's pre made cables. The heaviest/largest cable I currently use is SOOW 10/4 600v .9999 OFC. Add some heavy armor and it's great for sub/bass cables. I use them on 300lb bass bins. I have 4, 25 and 2 50 footers. I still don't have to use cable supports at wall outlets. 10/2/g to Tripp Lite 2400.

Some people use receptacles with "THE GOO". That goo doesn't like to be moved. Most of the "GOO" likes very tight, non moving connections to work the way it's suppose to. Thus the cable support at the outlet, in theory.

It's not all BS. I just received 12 cable sets, not one was over 100.00. 3 meter weaves and ribbons. Great looking and a cheap date to boot.

witchdoctor

witchdoctor

Full Audioholic

A dedicated power line?
Hmmm.

First read the reviews:

Then borrow whatever you want and return if you don't like:

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
Well, Ok then, I hear a difference, Danny hears a difference, and the Vinyl Attack channel heard a difference when he did a blind test (6:30)and was, yes, "astounded". It isn't magic, I never said it was magic, and none of the guys in the videos said it was magic. You gotta let that s--- go man, people have experiences that are different, get over it.

Where's the measurements?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL that's hilarious and sad at the same time. Pangea is a mild audiophool solution, at least the pricing isn't super silly like most of the crap at Mapleshade. Mapleshade "lending" library is not much of one to "borrow" cables with their 5% restocking fees....which will cost you more for most of their "library" than simply buying a reasonable cable to begin with...but if you want audiophoolery Mapleshade has it in spades!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Watch the video:

Danny doesn't demonstrate any proof in that video, as Danny generally doesn't.

witchdoctor

witchdoctor

Full Audioholic
Uhhh, did you want me to fedex those measurements instead?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Uhhh, did you want me to fedex those measurements instead?
What measurements particularly would those be? Just because they are a type of measurement doesn't mean it proves the nonsense Danny spouts....

witchdoctor

witchdoctor

Full Audioholic
You can take the fork out now, you're done.
So you'll spend a pile of cash on what looks like choice hardware but you won't spend 10 minutes to watch proof about the cables you use to run it with. I wish I had that kind of dispoable cash laying around. The Michi gear gets great reviews. OK, let's break it down to the basics.

Uhhh, do you need to plug in your amp? Yes! Does your outlet produce the required 120V needed by your equipment? That is the most basic measurement you get, do you know if you are close to 120V?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So you'll spend a pile of cash on what looks like choice hardware but you won't spend 10 minutes to watch proof about the cables you use to run it with. I wish I had that kind of dispoable cash laying around. The Michi gear gets great reviews. OK, let's break it down to the basics.

Uhhh, do you need to plug in your amp? Yes! Does your outlet produce the required 120V needed by your equipment? That is the most basic measurement you get, do you know if you are close to 120V?
Again, what proof outside of your or the reviewer's imagination? Cables are a well known science, no need to latch onto someone's imagination.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
I’m wondering if this might be the correct forum to discuss the the benefits of the Audiophile quality telephone post article?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis