Audioholics Ultimate Subwoofer Shootout Planned

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Gene are you not following the Avs crap...it's one exceuse after another...biased or unbiased....I'm now putting up my own $$$ to have it re tested and to back up likely what Paul has already told us.

Btw when is the ETA of the FW12...?
I stopped reading the AVS threads as soon as the topic shifted from factual data and discussions to accusations and conspiracies. It doesn't take too long for that to happen on AVS, especially when the topic is relating to subwoofers.

Paul is working on the Funky now. Its up to his schedule when it gets completed. I am hoping soon.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
I don't trust anyone over there with more than 7 posts. :D
That would include me then...:D. Fwiw...I usually try to avoid the speaker and sub forum sections for the obvious reasons. I find myself drawn to the DIY section though...not that I'm capable of learning much...:eek:, but lots of good information being shared, ahh...if I had the money or the skill.:)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Frequency Response Measurement for Funkywave Sub

As a teaser here is the Frequency Response measurement of Paul's Funkwave Subwoofer. This is an incredibly flat and linear measurement, but there are caveats which will be discussed in detail in the formal review.

Attachments

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
I suspected it's amplifier limited to around 115-117db because of its low sensitivity

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
Does this one not have a stock 2kw outboard amp? Is there eq involved? If not, that's incredibly linear.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Those are some gorgeous curves, no compression whatsoever. I wonder if the FW subs will be the best sounding sub of all of them?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Hmmm. Some weird squigglies around 90Hz in the green and especially the red plot!:confused:
Anyone want to make some conjecture while we wait for the real review?:)

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
TC-Sounds LMS-R ~~ Mated with a very well designed Cabinet.... for the WIN !!!!
Great Job Funky Waves !!!! :D

Talk about a smooth and accurately performing driver... ;):D

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Fwiw...I usually try to avoid the speaker and sub forum sections for the obvious reasons. I find myself drawn to the DIY section though...not that I'm capable of learning much...:eek:, but lots of good information being shared, ahh...if I had the money or the skill.:)
Plus far less bickering in that section... Mostly just the most knowledgeable people hang out there..

R

RowingMunkeyCU

Audiophyte
Just a suggestion, but it might be worth making this thread a sticky. Along with that, putting updates in the first post might help keep the number of request for updates down :)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Funkwaves Review Completed!

Guys;

I am peering Paul's Funkwaves review as we speak. After Nathan has a chance to peer it, it will post. I am guessing by this Thursday the review will go live.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I don't think Billy can wait much longer he's already up to 3 packs a day and pacing the floor like an expectant dad.:D

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
I don't think Billy can wait much longer he's already up to 3 packs a day and pacing the floor like an expectant dad.:D
Yeah..I'm excited but more so for Nathan....I'd really like to see more Canadian giving him serious consideration with this exposure before they opt out and buy US based sub products. Sure he build s high end expensive subs for guys like Warpdrv...but I soon found out that his prices are more than resonable if your working within a set budget, like me..:). Just give him a call...:eek:

Regards, Bill...:)

Sorry, Warpdrv....:eek:

Last edited:
R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
So...what's the Canadian market? A gillion sq. miles and 150 people right? :eek::p:D

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
So...what's the Canadian market? A gillion sq. miles and 150 people right? :eek::p:D
Well the rest of Canada is...considering 1/3 of our population lives in Ontario....that is why the rest of Canada hates us...jk.:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis