Audioholics Ultimate Subwoofer Shootout Planned

dapack69

dapack69

Senior Audioholic
Its better to pay once than to buy several times to find what you like, or to find out what to avoid.

C

cvictorg

Audiophyte
2 questions - the review of the funky waves sub will be available when?

what ever happened to the Lava sub review?

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
2 questions - the review of the funky waves sub will be available when?

what ever happened to the Lava sub review?
Fw review is scheduled for release tomorrow but something tell me that ain't going to happen...:mad:

The Lava sub was originally sent out for review but Audioholics and the reviewer in question had a falling out. I did read some comments afterwards by Gene that a new review was pending but when that will be, is another good question.;)

S

sharkman

Full Audioholic
Any idea when the 20 page additional review on the Hsu VTF-15H will be available?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Any idea when the 20 page additional review on the Hsu VTF-15H will be available?
I actually trimmed it down to 17 pages in word. The images are huge that's why its so long. It will likely be 2-3 pages when published online late tonight or early AM tomorrow.

Unobtainium

Unobtainium

Audioholic Intern
I actually trimmed it down to 17 pages in word. The images are huge that's why its so long. It will likely be 2-3 pages when published online late tonight or early AM tomorrow.
Poor Nathan. I assume this was pushed ahead of the FW review?
Or, you are just going to release both at once?

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Poor Nathan. I assume this was pushed ahead of the FW review?
Or, you are just going to release both at once?
I agree and I'm partially to blame... because I contacted him in regards to his participation in this shootout...:(. Regardless, of the outcome I'll always refer him first to members who reside here in Canada and other highly regarded memebers like Warp and the DIY crowd over at Avs know all to well of his ability.

Okay, off my soap box again....

S

Sepen

Junior Audioholic
I am ready,

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
honestly, while im sure the re-review was something AH needed to do because of all the drama, the same people complaining will barely look at the comprehensive report.

S

Sputter

Junior Audioholic
honestly, while im sure the re-review was something AH needed to do because of all the drama, the same people complaining will barely look at the comprehensive report.
likely true but those peoples opinions don't matter. The drama was caused by a very few people. Questions can be raised but drama doesn't need to follow.
I'm interested in the results, regardless, i'm still enjoying my 15H and i'm going for a second one. :D

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
likely true but those peoples opinions don't matter. The drama was caused by a very few people. Questions can be raised but drama doesn't need to follow.
I'm interested in the results, regardless, i'm still enjoying my 15H and i'm going for a second one. :D
get a pre with audessey sub.... it allows dual discrete sub eq!

S

sharkman

Full Audioholic
I just ordered one myself and I've read enough to know I'll be happy with it, but I'm curious as to what further efforts have been made on this re-review.

J

jhan1000

Audioholic Intern
I agree and I'm partially to blame... because I contacted him in regards to his participation in this shootout...:(. Regardless, of the outcome I'll always refer him first to members who reside here in Canada and other highly regarded memebers like Warp and the DIY crowd over at Avs know all to well of his ability.

Okay, off my soap box again....
I was actually looking forward to the FW review as well. From the pics I saw, their subwoofer cabinets are absolutely stunning. They have the WAF (which is important to me), so I am extremely interested on how it sounds.

I guess we have to be patient....

S

Sepen

Junior Audioholic
If I may ask, in what tune do you run yours, port and q etc?

S

Sputter

Junior Audioholic
If I may ask, in what tune do you run yours, port and q etc?
Sealed mainly EQ1 and Q is .5. I bounce between that and One port open with EQ1.

P.S. that may change when I add the 2nd one.

Last edited:
billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Fwiw...I accollated 25-50 cdn dollars into my paypal account to donate towards having the Hsu re tested by addtional 3rd party...if they're are willing to undertake this task?

www.data-bass.com

Maybe then the REAL number will come out...and finally give Funkywave's his opportunity in all this because IMO he has really has gotten the short end of the stick...thanks..Hsu fans

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Maybe then the REAL number will come out...
Right b/c Paul's 7k word report including detailed measurements and analysis with documentation for repeatability on how he did his measurements are somehow not accurate. :rolleyes:

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Right b/c Paul's 7k word report including detailed measurements and analysis with documentation for repeatability on how he did his measurements are somehow not accurate. :rolleyes:
Gene are you not following the Avs crap...it's one exceuse after another...biased or unbiased....I'm now putting up my own $$$ to have it re tested and to back up likely what Paul has already told us.

Btw when is the ETA of the FW12...?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis