Audioholics Ultimate Subwoofer Shootout Planned

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
All;

I am the last in my family to get strucken by a nasty stomach virus today hence why I did not post the article. Hopefully tomorrow.....
I hope that everything comes out OK.:eek:

J

josko

Audioholic
With all due respect, I think these kinds of teasers are counterproductive unless they have a prompt follow-up.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
With all due respect, I think these kinds of teasers are counterproductive unless they have a prompt follow-up.
Why is taking an excellent effort at explaining the measuring process counterproductive? Because it only makes you impatient, and that this article should only be released when the final write ups are?

I don't mind, because the article is well written, and I will need to find the time to read it more thoroughly. I'll be armed with a better perspective when the results arrive (which I'm sure takes plenty of effort to write up well, let alone correctly, as these tests/articles may very well be referenced for years to come).

Remember, the tester doesn't owe you anything. He's doing this for free.

Cheers.

S

Sepen

Junior Audioholic
Why is taking an excellent effort at explaining the measuring process counterproductive? Because it only makes you impatient, and that this article should only be released when the final write ups are?

I don't mind, because the article is well written, and I will need to find the time to read it more thoroughly. I'll be armed with a better perspective when the results arrive (which I'm sure takes plenty of effort to write up well, let alone correctly, as these tests/articles may very well be referenced for years to come).

Remember, the tester doesn't owe you anything. He's doing this for free.

Cheers.
I thought the person who did the testing, can't think of his name, was getting paid for this? For as much work and lugging and testing he should get paid. :)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I thought the person who did the testing, can't think of his name, was getting paid for this? For as much work and lugging and testing he should get paid.
He is getting paid for this and trust me this is a costly project for us one which I hope is worth the investment after everything is said and done.

P

pbmpharmacist

Audioholic Intern
So will the shootout results be published soon or are we looking at 2011?

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Well seeing as 2011 is only 30 hours away, I guess theres a good likelyhood that it won't be this year....

S

Sepen

Junior Audioholic
Well seeing as 2011 is only 30 hours away, I guess theres a good likelyhood that it won't be this year....
Oh boy, my available funds are being eaten away by inflation and the grandkids while waiting on the review for the HSU. :) Hope it comes soon or they will break me.

T

templemaners

Senior Audioholic
We should start seeing the other 3 product reviews coming in one every 2 weeks from this point forward.
Gene, do you know what order those reviews will go in? Or is it going to be "wait and see?"

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Well I visted AVS forum to see what is up! Wow...the natives are really getting restless. Some have even called Paul's credentials into the discussion and somebody even posted a link, for all to see. Imo...why ask the question (unless you have a bone to pick) in fact, if it were a real question....I'd just rather do a search?

OTOH...I see Matt is buring the candle at both ends trying to keep things in check over there...hehe I believe some OT is warranted...jk.

Good work, Matt...thanks;)
Regards, Bill...:)

Last edited:
Matt34

Matt34

Hey, I just woke up! It's 9am here and after getting in at midnight I left my browser open like I usually do.;) I'll get my coffee and check things out.:p

jinjuku

jinjuku

Hey, I just woke up! It's 9am here and after getting in at midnight I left my browser open like I usually do.;) I'll get my coffee and check things out.:p
I see you nixed a spammer at 3:34 am...

M

metier

Audiophyte
We found some design issues with the Salk and an amp issue with the RBH sub so neither will be in this shootout. We will review the RBH sub next year as a dedicated review and update the data in the pending shootout with its data and all subs data that we test using CEA methodology.

The Shootout Measurement Primer will be posted by this coming Tuesday for you guys to dine on during the XMAS holiday.

We have some other hot reviews (non sub related) posting in the next couple of weeks so sit tight.
What was the issue with the Salk sub

R

RipcordAFF

Audioholic Intern
Are there any estimates for when the VTF-15 review will be up?

ntrain42

ntrain42

Junior Audioholic
Holy smokes how long is it gonna take to roll out the next review and measurements? :eek:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis