Audioholics...Please review Obsessive Compulsive Audiophile's A1 Evo Audyssey Optimization Tool!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So A1EVO is a free software for Audyssey XT32 Room Correction used in Denon/Marantz. Some people have had great results.

If you have time, give Audyssey XT32 A1EVO a try, especially if you are not 100% happy with the current sound of your system.

Does that seem like a fair statement? :D

C

Cdx

Audioholic Intern
So A1EVO is a free software for Audyssey XT32 Room Correction used in Denon/Marantz. Some people have had great results.

If you have time, give Audyssey XT32 A1EVO a try, especially if you are not 100% happy with the current sound of your system.

Yes more or less except we've moved on to A1 Evo Nexus which blows A1 Evo out of water and that's with the Audyssey microphone. I imagine that a Umik should be even better. :)

Nexus is Next Level :D

S

sWORDs

Audiophyte
On my A1H I'm not getting weird results with Dirac Live with Bass Control (or at least am not noticing it), sound seems almost dead equal to what I had with an Arcam (but all the gremlins are gone from the HDMI board). If I have some spare time I'll try to do REW measurements between:
  • Audyssey from receiver (observation not that much high and muddy low, surrounds loud, center low)
  • Audyssey App (observation with 2nd curve, disabled mid correction: better high, center better but not great)
  • A1 EVO (untested)
  • A1 Nexus (untested)
  • Dirac Limited (untested)
  • Dirac Full (untested)
  • Dirac Full with Bass Control (observation center and surrounds perfect, low perfectly integrated still a bit soft but good with Harman Kardon Target Curve which does make it a bit more localizable)
And please stop targeting Gene, it's up to him what he wants to spend his time on and let's all be happy with what we are getting!

The Commish

The Commish

Enthusiast
On my A1H I'm not getting weird results with Dirac Live with Bass Control (or at least am not noticing it), sound seems almost dead equal to what I had with an Arcam (but all the gremlins are gone from the HDMI board). If I have some spare time I'll try to do REW measurements between:
  • Audyssey from receiver (observation not that much high and muddy low, surrounds loud, center low)
  • Audyssey App (observation with 2nd curve, disabled mid correction: better high, center better but not great)
  • A1 EVO (untested)
  • A1 Nexus (untested)
  • Dirac Limited (untested)
  • Dirac Full (untested)
  • Dirac Full with Bass Control (observation center and surrounds perfect, low perfectly integrated still a bit soft but good with Harman Kardon Target Curve which does make it a bit more localizable)
And please stop targeting Gene, it's up to him what he wants to spend his time on and let's all be happy with what we are getting!
You are right, Gene needs you to defend him.

But back on point...
If a number of us see some serious value to the work that OCA has put out.
Then you should understand why we would be thrilled for Gene to take a look at it because of his knowledge and expertise.
Not to mention his connections with people that may take a serious look at the script.

So that's why we are pushy...
So apologies to Gene but we are 100% behind OCA'S work and he deserves the attention of more people who want the best out of their Denon/Marantz equipment.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

Apparently the author of the software is playing loose and fast with open source licenses as seen on AVS and that does not inspire confidence. I asked but did not get an answer but perhaps he has answered weeks after my post.

The Commish

The Commish

Enthusiast
Apparently the author of the software is playing loose and fast with open source licenses as seen on AVS and that does not inspire confidence. I asked but did not get an answer but perhaps he has answered weeks after my post.
Open source means......

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Open source means......
That there are a number of licenses for software that is commonly referred to as “open source”. Whatever you call it you still have to comply to the terms of the software license, or just don’t use it. This goes for any source code you’re going to use.

This, as I wrote on AVS, harms his professional reputation and I wrote that he exactly knew what I was talking about. You, among several others, clearly don’t.

Last edited:
The Commish

The Commish

Enthusiast
That there are a number of licenses for software that is commonly referred to as “open source”. Whatever you call it you still have to comply to the terms of the software license, or just don’t use it. This goes for any software.
So, if you feel he is abusing a piece of free software, don't use it .

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
So, if you feel he is abusing a piece of free software, don't use it .
Oh my, I was considering giving you the benefit of doubt but you really are dumb?

There was a poster on AVS claiming to have made several accounts but never answered if it was here or on AVS. Was that you?

The Commish

The Commish

Enthusiast
Oh my, I was considering giving you the benefit of doubt but you really are dumb?

There was a poster on AVS claiming to have made several accounts but never answered if it was here or on AVS. Was that you?
A. Calling me dumb, seriously
B. Benefit of the doubt, for what, I didn't create the script, I use it
C. No I don't have multiple accounts, if I recall correctly, it was someone who was complaining about you.

A question mark was used above, but you made a statement, but a question was not posed. See what happens when you start slinging mud.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
A. Calling me dumb, seriously
As opposed to facetious, if you knows what that means.

B. Benefit of the doubt, for what, I didn't create the script, I use it
Read my post above again as you obviously didn’t get it.. The author of the software you use does, however. :snicker:

No I don't have multiple accounts, if I recall correctly, it was someone
Perhaps read that post again, again and again. She essentially apologized.

The Commish

The Commish

Enthusiast
If everything surrounding the creation or use of the script is an issue, just ignore it .

You are at this point a male Karen.
In street parlance, a bitch.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Nice to know you are moving on.
Why don't you move on and instead let the author of the software answer himself, as I wrote on AVS? He is a member here as well. Abrasive dudes with no understanding of software, technology or its development running around as acolyte dudes is not helping him, quite the opposite as he agrees with you (given his likes and posts on AVS).

The Commish

The Commish

Enthusiast
Why don't you move on and instead let the author of the software answer himself, as I wrote on AVS? He is a member here as well. Abrasive dudes with no understanding of software, technology or its development running around as acolyte dudes is not helping him, quite the opposite as he agrees with you (given his likes and posts on AVS).
Some of us are likable.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis