Audioholics...Please review Obsessive Compulsive Audiophile's A1 Evo Audyssey Optimization Tool!

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
So you wouldn't take a moment to find out if a script would actually facilitate what you do manually.
We are talking about a system that takes the common Audyssey to a new level.
So again, you wouldn't want to at least give it a try.
But if they asked you look at another option in Dirac, you would gladly jump on it .

As for what's in the script and what it's doing behind the scene, all you have to do is ask. OCA is a member of your board.

You are sounding very close minded, and to some , perhaps manufacturers lap dog.
Dirac has been problematic on the D&M products and ART is a disaster in my primary theater system using Storm processing. I prefer manual in most cases or audyssey w my manual touches for the Marantz system.

Your constant false accusations toward my motives earned you a 2 day ban. Continuance will provide you a permanent ban.

N

navid0308

Audiophyte
This thread is going a little off the rails here. I understand the skepticism and also I understand the passion. What’s important is that we enjoy listening to our systems at the end of the day.

Once upon a time Dirac was new and considered a game changer. Then MultEQ-X was a game changer. Now A1Evo is a game changer. There will always be something new and exciting to try but we shouldn’t be starting fights in an attempt to share our findings!

Personally I have tried A1Evo and it has optimized my setup as good as I wanted from it. It just works. It’s free to use, so even if you’re a skeptic, it won’t cost you anything. I didn’t use it for the longest time cause it didn’t match my manual sub distance tweaks and I thought I knew better. Sure enough, sub distance/delay values from A1Evo was even better than what I could come up with. Here are a couple screenshots of how audyssey corrected my subs vs how evo did for those curious (fyi, post evo lfe measurement was taken with 120lpf. All others are 250hz lpf). I’ll take some more measurements with crossovers engaged later on. Currently in the middle of changing some stuff and will need to take some audyssey measurements.

this is audyssey
IMG_5510.jpeg

and this is A1Evo
IMG_5511.jpeg

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
This thread is going a little off the rails here. I understand the skepticism and also I understand the passion. What’s important is that we enjoy listening to our systems at the end of the day.

Once upon a time Dirac was new and considered a game changer. Then MultEQ-X was a game changer. Now A1Evo is a game changer. There will always be something new and exciting to try but we shouldn’t be starting fights in an attempt to share our findings!

Personally I have tried A1Evo and it has optimized my setup as good as I wanted from it. It just works. It’s free to use, so even if you’re a skeptic, it won’t cost you anything. I didn’t use it for the longest time cause it didn’t match my manual sub distance tweaks and I thought I knew better. Sure enough, sub distance/delay values from A1Evo was even better than what I could come up with. Here are a couple screenshots of how audyssey corrected my subs vs how evo did for those curious (fyi, post evo lfe measurement was taken with 120lpf. All others are 250hz lpf). I’ll take some more measurements with crossovers engaged later on. Currently in the middle of changing some stuff and will need to take some audyssey measurements.

this is audyssey
View attachment 69606
and this is A1Evo
View attachment 69607
There seems to be enough going on in the AVS thread that it doesn't need to be brought here.
Nice to see that some of you who joined here just to play Buck-Buck are bad mouthing Gene now also...good going.

N

navid0308

Audiophyte
There seems to be enough going on in the AVS thread that it doesn't need to be brought here.
Nice to see that some of you who joined here just to play Buck-Buck are bad mouthing Gene now also...good going.

And that’s the wrong way to go about it. Gene/audioholics have been very instrumental for a lot of folks in this hobby. It’s a passionate group of people over in the evo thread and it seems like there’s a lot of interest that’s come up recently to have a well known established member in this community do a take on it, that’s all.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
And that’s the wrong way to go about it. Gene/audioholics have been very instrumental for a lot of folks in this hobby. It’s a passionate group of people over in the evo thread and it seems like there’s a lot of interest that’s come up recently to have a well known established member in this community do a take on it, that’s all.
Thanks and I'd love to try it if I could find the time, which unfortunately I don't have a lot of at this moment due to other projects and a complete website redesign coming soon. Maybe next year....

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Glad to hear that. Gene has brought respectability and sanity to this hobby for sure.

Just didn't care much for the comments over there that portrayed him as a paid shill.
(It wasn't you)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis