Audioholics...Please review Obsessive Compulsive Audiophile's A1 Evo Audyssey Optimization Tool!

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
Buy better speaker's. Don't spend Money on electronics thinking it's gonna help correct much. Put your money where it counts, better speakers, room treatments.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Buy better speaker's. Don't spend Money on electronics thinking it's gonna help correct much. Put your money where it counts, better speakers, room treatments.
Exactly get speakers you like , I got Klipsch for movies and tv . Some people like brands with 3 way speakers, mine are 2 way. I have no reason to upgrade even when I get the money. Except for my avr or tv which are obsolete . Avr won’t replace until it dies prob.
Plenty of great suggestions on this forum and reviews.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I heard about this but TBH, I prefer Audyssey PC and using manual biquads to refine bass response and shelve fullrange correction below the point where Audyssey diverged from normal speaker response. I then use shelving filters to tilt treble to taste depending on room acoustics. This process usually takes me a 2-3 hours but the results are consistently excellent. Not sure I want to mess with installing unsanctioned ver of Audyssey into a $7500 prepro.

I will ask Marantz about this.

M

MLadia

Audioholic Intern
I heard about this but TBH, I prefer Audyssey PC and using manual biquads to refine bass response and shelve fullrange correction below the point where Audyssey diverged from normal speaker response. I then use shelving filters to tilt treble to taste depending on room acoustics. This process usually takes me a 2-3 hours but the results are consistently excellent. Not sure I want to mess with installing unsanctioned ver of Audyssey into a $7500 prepro.

I will ask Marantz about this.
Thank you Gene. Maybe this isn't the correct demographic for the question, but for Average Joes like me with equipment that is hardly audiophile quality, you have to agree that a $20 app and a free tool sounds pretty good calibration tool.

M

MLadia

Audioholic Intern
Well, Lucky you huh? Gene was Feeling generous this morning I see.1st. Let me take this Opportunity and thank you for starting this thread. 2nd. Not a slide at you. I don't know you we never met. 3rd. Most and I say most, because Every once in a while Gene, will jump on his website, and jump in on his Forum side of his website. Especially if a comment is directed specifically at him, He'll usually reply busy man though.

4th. You just got for Free!! info, about what Genes "taste" of the way or his likings for tweaking one of his setups.
Dude has some of the best gear, not to mention Flagship speakers that are manufactured by a Highly regarded highly rated RBH speakers company, in his studio set up.

5th. Because Gene, was feeling generous to share some info that I've been dying to ask him since I've been on his website since 2011. I just gleaned this from Gene's reply from your thread that you open up on Audioholics, forums.

"I prefer Audyssey PC and using manual biquads to refine bass response and shelve fullrange correction below the point where Audyssey diverged from normal speaker response. I then use shelving filters to tilt treble to taste depending on room acoustics. This process usually takes me a 2-3 hours but the results are consistently excellent. Not sure I want to mess with installing unsanctioned ver of Audyssey into a $7500 prepro"

@MLadia again thank you! Now I don't have to call-in and pay $200-300 a hour for Gene's Expert opinions with helping on my modest HT set up. I would have to with anyone else's Opinion or recommendation those, you usually have to take with a box of salt sometimes, not with Gene's though. Cheers!

:confused:

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Exactly get speakers you like , I got Klipsch for movies and tv . Some people like brands with 3 way speakers, mine are 2 way. I have no reason to upgrade even when I get the money. Except for my avr or tv which are obsolete . Avr won’t replace until it dies prob.
Plenty of great suggestions on this forum and reviews.
I bet your speakers sound fantastic with your landfill room treatment.

IMG_2024.jpg

Matt34

Matt34

Im currently am using it and think it's doing a better job than base Audyessy XT32, especially tying in the subs to your mains. I'll admit, I'm not 100% sure what it's doing to get to that point, but the results have been favorable. My only nitpick with it, is it seems to tame the output of my height and surround channels down much more than base Audyessy does.

It would be beneficial in my case to see a 3rd party break down the script for us knuckle-draggers.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis