Audioholics Celebrates 20 Years Online This April 2019

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Guys;

Just a heads up that next month (4/18) we will officially be online for 20 years! I'm putting together a little editorial about this but could use your help. Please share with me the very first and/or most memorable experiences you've had reading or participating on this website. Let us know how Audioholics has helped guide you towards better purchasing decisions and/or better setup/calibration of your current system. Perhaps also share your funniest experiences, etc.

vinyl.jpg

Please feel free to include images, urls, quotes or anything else relevant. I'm probably going to organize a forum contest to go along with this next month as well.

Thanks guys and looking forward to reading your stories.

TICA

TICA

Audioholics Accounts Manager
When I met Gene and started dating I soon realized that his passion for audio was something we shared. He helped me become an audiophile at heart and with all the education, show coverages and first-hand amazing audio appreciation. Thank you Audioholics, Gene DellaSala, Staff and volunteers - you've made it succeed.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
When I met Gene and started dating I soon realized that his passion for audio was something we shared. He helped me become an audiophile at heart and with all the education, show coverages and first-hand amazing audio appreciation. Thank you Audioholics, Gene DellaSala, Staff and volunteers - you've made it succeed.
Thank you for all of your support, confidence and love to help make my dream a continued success.

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
Your site with its forums and videos plus product reviews and suggestions is a GREAT source of reliable information for an industry with so many products, opinions, facts and myths. On a humorous note I recently watched the video of yourself and Hugo address common mistakes made in home audio and the all ceiling speaker comment you made calling it the “voice of God all around you” was very funny then you second that with the two center channels one above and the other below the screen which your comment was “don’t do it that’s just GHETTO”. Had to stop eating my stir fry for concern I’d choke from laughter. Hugo is awesome as well. He had a site Truly Huge back when I was 24. Bought that program. Possibly a bit to intense for some guys but he looked like a mass monster for natural body building so it’s fun to see him in your team and in the videos talking about bodybuilding and his experience with home audio as he grew up. Keep listening

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Thank you Gene for your website. Invaluable knowledge and experience here.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
This site has turned my hobby, into a passion, and now on to an obsession that may one day become a career.

But no matter what you call it, this site promotes good sound for everyone!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I can't remember when I first started visiting Audioholics, but I would say what kept me coming back that long ago is the wealth of content concerning the principles of audio science. There are some other good websites that have great explanations of audio science, but I think Audioholics is the best on the internet for this. It's a great educational tool. The forumgoers are pretty level headed too (relatively speaking).

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Guys;

Just a heads up that next month (4/18) we will officially be online for 20 years! I'm putting together a little editorial about this but could use your help. Please share with me the very first and/or most memorable experiences you've had reading or participating on this website. Let us know how Audioholics has helped guide you towards better purchasing decisions and/or better setup/calibration of your current system. Perhaps also share your funniest experiences, etc.

View attachment 28775

Please feel free to include images, urls, quotes or anything else relevant. I'm probably going to organize a forum contest to go along with this next month as well.

I found this site when I was researching purchasing a Harman/Kardon HK3490 receiver and some infinity Primus P363s back in 2012 or so. Nice concise, informative reviews on both. Have been a reader ever since and I finally became a member last summer. Thanks to everyone involved and keep up the good work!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I was looking for product reviews when I stumbled on this site probably 10 years ago or more. Read more than I could absorb with all the informative articles that were fact based instead of feelings. Still love reading new reviews.

I loved how deep the technical aspects of things got. Something you don't see everywhere. Lurked on the forums for a few years before joining. Glad I did. One of the best around.

J

Jeff Taylor

Audiophyte
I first found Audioholics about two years ago when I was researching which receiver to purchase. I truly appreciate the technical depth of the articles and as a EE I appreciate the no snake oil approach to equipment reviews.

It’s amazing how many reality distortion fields exist in the audio hobby and how many websites are full of fake science.

Keep up the great work and I’m looking forward to the next 20 years!

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Meeting Greg strengthened my resolve to not drink alcohol.
Meeting Dave strengthened my resolve to get and stay on diet :)

p.s: I'm also trying to reach monkey's trolling skills, but so far I'm far behind

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Guys;

View attachment 28775

I first found this forum after recovering from a head injury and when I found that audio really helped with my mood swings and anxiety and depression I was having after the accident

I needed something to invest in to help me stay motivated during my rehab and the ups and downs of healing.

I wanted to learn all things audio I had money set back plus money from the accident and nothing else to do as the doctor wasn't going to release me to go back to work for awhile

So I dived right into this started lurking on forums and this became the one I wanted to join. The friendliness of the forums, the well set up and run site, the superb articles with lack of B.S. and in depth detailed scientific reviews and great threads done in the same spirit just won me over.

I've been hooked ever since. Finally got my home theater room set up now. Just the way I want it. Thank you for that Gene and everybody else that's a part of this awesome site staff and members your all the best.

Thank you for giving me something to love and hold onto in a tough part of my life. Looking forward for the next 20 year's to come!

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Long time lurker, maybe 15 years or so, off and on. Joined last year to interact with the current regulars. I’m in a technical field but not this one, so I can appreciate the science as well as the journey. I need the music and movies to unwind even if some rooms in my home are referred to by family as “speaker rooms”. It’s all normal for an Audioholic. :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
p.s: I'm also trying to reach monkey's trolling skills, but so far I'm far behind
Trolling is another thing I learned here. Audio and internet access started for me at exactly the same time and I knew exactly nothing about either until a Google search pointed me toward an AH article on component video cables.

Then I found the forums. Then I met some members. Then I heard some speakers.

The articles and the forum membership (most of you anyway) :D ... continue to be excellent.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Audioholics is a big part of my life. No matter where I go, I always take AH with me.

Although it says that I have no life, I actually have 3 lives: 1. Personal life, 2. Work life, and 3. Audioholics life. :D

As for my HT system, Audioholics helped me discovered my path and audio-identity.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Trolling is another thing I learned here. Audio and internet access started for me at exactly the same time and I knew exactly nothing about either until a Google search pointed me toward an AH article on component video cables.

Then I found the forums. Then I met some members. Then I heard some speakers.

The articles and the forum membership (most of you anyway) :D ... continue to be excellent.
Joking aside, I can't imagine my life without AH forums, and many of current and past active members are a huge reason for it. I can't even begin to describe how much I've learned here and how much stuff I realized I still don't know. Some say that one's brain begins to deteriorate then one stops learning :) let's hope it will never happen to me.

Last edited:
Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
I have always enjoyed learning as much as I can about my hobbies. It increases my satisfaction level to understand not just the how of something, but the why of it. When I discovered AH I hit the motherlode of solid information about audio. The greatest strength of the AH format/premise is the no-hokum, science based approach to everything from basic descriptions to reviews to how-to stuff. The members here, at least the long term ones, seem to buy in to that no snake oil philosophy and have been super supportive and helpful to me.

I made my speaker upgrade/buying decision 100% based on input and recommendations. I upgraded to Salk speakers, which as you know, aren't in brick n mortar stores. Without a place like AH, I would never have discovered them or found the courage to reach out and seriously give them a try and eventually buy them. They are superb and the best speakers I've ever personally owned. I give AH the credit for providing the venue for products and companies like Salk to get their message across.

I come here almost everyday to see what's rattling around. Its a great way to improve your background and skill in audio related stuff. Good job Gene.

D

Dan Maldonado

Enthusiast
I stumbled on here about 3 years ago researching SVS subwoofers, then their Ultra speakers. I have both now, in large part to the recommendations supplied here. Keep up the good work Gene and crew!

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I found this site when I was researching purchasing a Harman/Kardon HK3490 receiver and some infinity Primus P363s back in 2012 or so. Nice concise, informative reviews on both. Have been a reader ever since and I finally became a member last summer. Thanks to everyone involved and keep up the good work!
Forgot to add that I did purchase the HK receiver and the Infinity speakers. Both still working flawlessly 7 years later. Thanks Gene!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis