AudioControl Concert XR-6S (8K 9.1.6 Immersive AV Receiver with Zone 2 and Class AB Amplification).

A

apoorvasheth

Audioholic Intern
Hello All,

I am going to buy this Audio/Video receiver - AudioControl Concert XR-6S (8K 9.1.6 Immersive AV Receiver with Zone 2 and Class AB Amplification).

https://www.audiocontrolpro.com/products/concert-xr-6s-8k?srsltid=AfmBOoqXHyp5eKZ6Qe7_gDdACsC3i6YJDZ3QmldWLqMo-0ozW9R1pH5H

It comes with 5 years warranty. Can anyone kindly confirm whether it's a highly reliable & top-quality premium product to purchase & go perfectly well with my present setup?

Can it output super best sound effects. I love listening to music, songs & enjoy movies, want to feel every single depth of the sound output during a scene, feel scared in a horror movie & so on...I love listening to sweet music & sound quality, not harsh ones like the one from Klipsch which I had auditioned couple of years back.

I'll be watching contents on the OTT platform via apps such as - Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar & Sony Bravia Core. So, want to feel the best Dolby Atmos effect & DTS & Dolby Surround effects & superb music quality on 2ch stereo.

I have also came to know of that the contents available on these OTT apps such as Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar are recorded on max 7 channels (which includes 2 Dolby Atmos speakers) so it will be then pointless to buy an A/V receiver that supports 9 channels or more and, it will also be pointless to add more than two Dolby Atmos speakers, isn't it?

But I still want to understand that in order to receive a proper Dolby Atmos effect, do I need just 2 Front Heights speakers, or I also need 2 Ceiling + 2 Rear Height speakers as well?

My present setup is:

SONY A80L OLED TV.
Yamaha RX-V685 Audio/Video receiver.
JBL Studio 630 Bookshelf Speakers: Front Left + Right.
JBL Studio 625C Center Channel Speaker.
JBL Subwoofer 660P
Harman Kardon HKTS 9 (on-wall satellite speaker) for Surrounds.

Was also thinking of Anthem MRX 740 8k which comes with just 1 year warranty. Is it better than Concert XR-6S b'coz it doesn't come with Dirac Live complete suite including Bass Module which Concert XR-6S comes with.

And can anyone kindly suggest best UPS & Power Stabilizer in the price of under 12k to keep my electronic devices safe?

Regards,
Apoorva.

Attachments

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The AudioControl AVR looks like a great AVR that will sound great like many AVR/AVP, but most of us won't spend that much money on an AVR. Most people will just buy a Yamaha (like RX-A4-A8) or Denon (like X3800-X6800) and get as great sound quality.

Big jump going from a low-end Yamaha to a $6K AVR, but the sound upgrade won't sound $6K better - diminishing returns and all that.

If you must have room correction, then Audyssey XT32 or DIRAC (or both in one AVR) will be great.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis