Audio problem Marantz SR5003

L

Leth22

Audiophyte
Audioholics,
For some reason I have no sound output to any of my HDMI Plugs. I have an Apple TV plugged in and have had no issues with sound until last week. I tur Ed on the system and no sound just picture. I rebooted Apple TV and receiver. I tried all five HDMI plugs. Tried a new HDMI cable. Hooked my laptop to the same hdmi as the Apple and had picture only also. I have been reading manual ( we all have to sometime!). I checked that the HDMI is NOT on “through“mode. My previous experience with a similar situation years ago makes me think something was changed on remote on accident. I haves messed around with it with no luck. FYI Sytem has been together for a decade( LCD TV Visio non smart tv,Blu-ray DVD, wireless iPod doc, lap top computer. Added the Apple TV two years ago. Anyone have a solution? Oh another issue is I just found out no picture just sound on DVD.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sounds like could be extreme handshake issues. Try soft reset (unplug the avr for a bit)? A full reset might be in order, too.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Audioholics,
For some reason I have no sound output to any of my HDMI Plugs. I have an Apple TV plugged in and have had no issues with sound until last week. I tur Ed on the system and no sound just picture. I rebooted Apple TV and receiver. I tried all five HDMI plugs. Tried a new HDMI cable. Hooked my laptop to the same hdmi as the Apple and had picture only also. I have been reading manual ( we all have to sometime!). I checked that the HDMI is NOT on “through“mode. My previous experience with a similar situation years ago makes me think something was changed on remote on accident. I haves messed around with it with no luck. FYI Sytem has been together for a decade( LCD TV Visio non smart tv,Blu-ray DVD, wireless iPod doc, lap top computer. Added the Apple TV two years ago. Anyone have a solution? Oh another issue is I just found out no picture just sound on DVD.
We need more information. Can you get sound out of it using an analog input, an optical or RCA digital input? Can you hear the test tones through the speakers?

If not, I would try at least three hard resets, if the soft reset fails. If you still get no sound after all that, I suspect it is new receiver time.

L

Leth22

Audiophyte
Thanks Guys! It was the soft reset. I did not know you have to leave unplugged for three minutes! I did for about ten seconds. All working!,

L

Leth22

Audiophyte
Guys….. Got a lil excited too fast. Dang tv volume was on. Not stereo. So I just did the three hard resets and still no sound. Before I go buy another one. The Apple TV is hooked up to the source called Tape. I did notice it’s the only source that displays ANA. I think that’s for analog? Could that be a setting issue? My Blu-ray DVD is hooked to HDMI one and it has sound( but no pic) I wanted to try to unplugged HDMI from DVD and plug in apple tv but with no picture I have not done.

L

Leth22

Audiophyte
Update: hooked up Apple TV to the HDMI one ( this has the Blu-ray dvd hooked up to it) I had sound no picture just like DVD player.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Update: hooked up Apple TV to the HDMI one ( this has the Blu-ray dvd hooked up to it) I had sound no picture just like DVD player.
Once you have done hard resets, you have to set up your receiver from square one. None of your previous settings will be retained. So you need to go though the whole set up procedure from the beginning. This takes a while and you will need to follow the manual instructions carefully and also be guided by the OS menu and options as they come up. After a hard reset, it is like it was right out of the box when new. So you have to start right at the beginning.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Guys….. Got a lil excited too fast. Dang tv volume was on. Not stereo. So I just did the three hard resets and still no sound. Before I go buy another one. The Apple TV is hooked up to the source called Tape. I did notice it’s the only source that displays ANA. I think that’s for analog? Could that be a setting issue? My Blu-ray DVD is hooked to HDMI one and it has sound( but no pic) I wanted to try to unplugged HDMI from DVD and plug in apple tv but with no picture I have not done.
You might want to review input assignments in the avr.

L

Leth22

Audiophyte
So I bypassed the five HDMI plugs and used the “ VCR “ hdmi port on back of receiver. I know have sound and picture under that vcr source! That the good news. Now per instruction I need to go thru set up procedure. I have never done before. There is a auto setting vs manual. Can I do auto? I will have to find or by a Mic? I just notice my subwoofer is not playing. I assume the set up will fix? Or is there a setting I can do to have sub back?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

So I bypassed the five HDMI plugs and used the “ VCR “ hdmi port on back of receiver. I know have sound and picture under that vcr source! That the good news. Now per instruction I need to go thru set up procedure. I have never done before. There is a auto setting vs manual. Can I do auto? I will have to find or by a Mic? I just notice my subwoofer is not playing. I assume the set up will fix? Or is there a setting I can do to have sub back?
You don't need a mic. You can set it by ear. Download the user manual and follow the set up instructions step by step. You have to do the set up completely, or the unit will not work properly. It takes a while. If you want to use a mic to set levels and distance, which I recommend, then you can probably find one on eBay.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis